Modded Xbox360 Backward Compatiable Patch

dave111223

I bought an xbox 360 yesterday, and i'm itching to install the backward compatiblity patch that allows you to play certain xbox original games.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm

But i'm a bit worried that they might sneak some code into the patch that would find the modchip and kill my xbox.

Anyone else with a modified xbox try to install this patch, if so where you successful without any side effects?

That patch should not kill your box.

The May 07 Live update is the one to watch out for, there is a risk that after this if you get caught playing Live witha modded box you maybe facing a permaban from Live.

More news on this at the forums over at xbox-scene.com

FYI I am also looking at buying a 360 in the next few weeks but am now thinking that I want an orginal unmodded box.

I bought an xbox 360 yesterday, and i'm itching to install the backward compatiblity patch that allows you to play certain xbox original games.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm

But i'm a bit worried that they might sneak some code into the patch that would find the modchip and kill my xbox.

Anyone else with a modified xbox try to install this patch, if so where you successful without any side effects?

A modchip??? Are you sure you have one? Normaly it is just a firmware thing on the drive.

A modchip??? Are you sure you have one? Normaly it is just a firmware thing on the drive.

No i'm not sure it's a modchip (i was just assuming). You are right, there may be no chip. That's why i'm asking here instead of on xbox-scene, as i'm guessing that most people who bought their xbox in Thailand probably have the same kind of mod as me.

Just wondering if anyone has an first hand experience installing this particular patch on a modded xbox bought in Thailand.