Brown out Samui

Power dropped off around 3pm this afternoon.
Someone told me we are down to one phase and most of the island is affected.

Obviously due to the rain and high wind we had, but has anyone heard when it’s likely to be reinstated?

TIA

Me too, nothing here in Maenam; but we had a blackout Saturday night from about midnight for around 5-6 hours due to a high-power line on the Ring Road between soi 1 and soi 3 had fallen down, or something like that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And yet another one tonight.

A little bit of rain a couple of hours ago and BANG!! nearby. Have slow fans and dim lights so likely another phase down...again.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

All good here at the pointy end last night but Plai Laem has a planned outage tomorrow from 14:00 to 16:00.

No indication of how widespread that will be.

Yes. My GF told me Bangrak also has one, but not sure of the time it will start, or duration. It sounds like one of those rolling power cuts, where they turn off each area as they proceed along doing maintenance.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sweating like a pig last night for about five hours after the electricity went off, which quite a common occurrence here.........then thought.....oh wait.......best check.........it was just our house that tripped.....laugh?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sweating like a pig last night for about five hours after the electricity went off, which quite a common occurrence here.........then thought.....oh wait.......best check.........it was just our house that tripped.....laugh?

Nice one  👍 but brown outs are a bit more common with the strong winds.

Should calm down for a while now.

One phase was out in parts of Plai Laem this morning.

• Thumbs Up 1