Briton Arrested For Bringing Cocaine From Thailand Into Australia

sriracha john

From singapore ,.suicide mule is it !

Maybe a Junkie himself, one hel_l of a Risk, Death penalty in Malaysia, and Mandatory Death Penalty in Singapore.

Here he will only get about 45 Years!

He wont even be out to get his letter from the queen on his 100th birthday,.! what must it feel like to get the tap on the shoulder when you are carrying something like this ? ,. they wouldnt have to wait long for me to make a bowel movement ! :o

He wont even be out to get his letter from the queen on his 100th birthday,.! what must it feel like to get the tap on the shoulder when you are carrying something like this ? ,. they wouldnt have to wait long for me to make a bowel movement ! :o

Yeah Mike, must be a nightmare scenario............

If you get lifted in Singapore you KNOW you are gonna die one Friday morning in Changi Prison, the Death sentence in Singapore is mandatory, the judge can't give any other sentence if you are guilty.

Here he will get 99 Years or so, plead guilty get 49 years for admission of guilt, probably be out in 15 - 20 years. The guys over 60, maybe they will cut him a break in the future

If you get lifted in Singapore you KNOW you are gonna die one Friday morning in Changi Prison, the Death sentence in Singapore is mandatory, the judge can't give any other sentence if you are guilty.

Here he will get 99 Years or so, plead guilty get 49 years for admission of guilt, probably be out in 15 - 20 years. The guys over 60, maybe they will cut him a break in the future

I dont sympathise ,however its a shame the big fish will go free to send another one or more,. ive just been in to check on my 4 year old and i had a cold shiver go through me,. i could never do anything that would take my family away from me,or me from them, they need me and vice versa,what an awful mess people get themselves in, sad.,

,what an awful mess people get themselves in, sad.,

It's the way it is Mike, many Western guys in Asian jails doing heavy time for drug offences.

Guy I knew in Pattaya, cracking bloke, ran outta money, was offered a nice little earner all expenses paid, it was his first time..... it went pearshaped and he got a 14 year sentence in Taiwan, it was only cannabis, Asia is heavy, it ain't worth it, I wonder why they don't get to Europe, at least if they get lifted there it ain't too bad....

Asia is a no no.....but still plenty do it. :o

More information on the latest foreigner importation of drugs into Thailand:

Singaporean faces drug charge

Songkhla - Customs officers have seized 9,900 ecstasy tablets, worth about eight million baht, from a Singaporean man entering Thailand through the Sadao checkpoint. The man, identified as Tan Lee Huad, 61, was stopped as he travelled in a bus through the checkpoint, Regional Customs Bureau 4 director Rakop Srisupaart said yesterday.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/04Jun2007_news03.php

Being broke in Thailand cannot be a pleasant experience. Some guys jump off buildings and others choose more original ways to end it all. Of course this is only guessing but perhaps he thought it was better to become a mule. If he got away with it he could go on for a while and if he got caught in Australia, it's three square meals a day. In any case, I have no sympathy for him.

Well at least the kids who would have used it have been 'cut a break'... one less source of drugs. Let him rot in jail as another message to would-be mules - they are just as bad as the 'big guys'.

Well at least the kids who would have used it have been 'cut a break'... one less source of drugs. Let him rot in jail

Yep, they will now have to go and buy Government controlled and taxed drugs like Alcohol and get drunk and abusive instead.

Edited by Maigo6

Well at least the kids who would have used it have been 'cut a break'... one less source of drugs. Let him rot in jail

Yep, they will now have to go and buy Government controlled and taxed drugs like Alcohol and get drunk and abusive instead.

Good point Maigo6, we should just legalise heroin, cocaine and every other illicit substance - they won't need alcohol if they're dead. :o

Still have no idea where you get the impression that the death sentence is not handed down for drug smuggling in Thailand?

How many Western guys do you know that have been executed in Thailand for drug offences ?

Customs officers became suspicious that he may have been concealing drugs internally. He was referred to the AFP and taken to hospital for a medical examination.

Last time I was in Australia the only missing thing was this....as they check my bags with x-ray, dogs sniffing, every singles piece of clothes, etc, etc....I asked why, and they told me "becuase you have been too many times in Thailand...mate!"...(certainly they could not say "becuase you are a bloody <deleted> mate! :D ).

I know what I should expect from customs on my next trip to Australia....go for a big sh*it mate, wanna check what have you eaten!...

They are a real pain in the azz, and now with this, they are a real pain in the azz.... with moral authority! :o

Actually, I am not so sure it was because you looked different in this case.

I look 'generally European' myself, but I was also singled out and thoroughly searched by Australian customs because of the stamps in my passport - obviously since they could find nothing incriminating whatsoever, and no traces of drugs anywhere, there was no body search and they let me go.

But they asked a lot of questions and the whole experience was very unpleasant.

I think many Thai stamps in your passport is a sufficient flag for them to be interested. They also asked about my Myanmar entry stamp gotten from a border run to Mae Sai, at which time I spent not more than 2 minutes on the other side of the border. :D

Last time I was in Australia the only missing thing was this....as they check my bags with x-ray, dogs sniffing, every singles piece of clothes, etc, etc....I asked why, and they told me "becuase you have been too many times in Thailand...mate!"...(certainly they could not say "becuase you are a bloody <deleted> mate! :D ).

I know what I should expect from customs on my next trip to Australia....go for a big sh*it mate, wanna check what have you eaten!...

They are a real pain in the azz, and now with this, they are a real pain in the azz.... with moral authority! :o

Have an aussie mate who copped the "too many stamps to thailand in the passport" deal.

When asked by the immigration officer at the counter why this was so - he relpied that he is a sex tourist & goes to thailand regurely to satsify his hormones. About fifty people in the Q heard this & cracked up laughing.

The immigration officer was too embarrassed to say anything else & stamped him though with no further comment.

Cheers,

Soundman.

It might be rare for foreigners to get the death penalty, but, we live in quite uncertain times in Thailand. There is a definite anti-foreign feeling and a fair amount of nationalism. I don't think right now would be an ideal time to be caught doing something that has the potential of the death penalty.

Good point Maigo6, we should just legalise heroin, cocaine and every other illicit substance - they won't need alcohol if they're dead. :o

Don't let it worry you, most will become Alcoholic before they become dependent on Heroin and Coke, besides most will be too drunk jack up anyway.

Whenever the subject of drug smuggling crops up on this forum you seem to be quick to point out that Singapore and Malaysia have the death penalty for such a crime, I just wanted you to be aware Thailand does also.

I am aware of that, but there is a major difference, if an English guy is caught in Singapore with 16 grammes of Heroin, he will hang if found guilty. The death sentence is mandatory.

If an English guy is caught with 1600 grammes in Thailand, he will not get executed. Fact.

There lies the difference.

Whenever the subject of drug smuggling crops up on this forum you seem to be quick to point out that Singapore and Malaysia have the death penalty for such a crime, I just wanted you to be aware Thailand does also.

I am aware of that, but there is a major difference, if an English guy is caught in Singapore with 16 grammes of Heroin, he will hang if found guilty. The death sentence is mandatory.

If an English guy is caught with 1600 grammes in Thailand, he will not get executed. Fact.

There lies the difference.

Maybe only 2 grammes in Singapore!

Death penalty is mandatory for 2 grammes or above as its assumed you are dealing - its up to you to prove you were not.

Still have no idea where you get the impression that the death sentence is not handed down for drug smuggling in Thailand?

How many Western guys do you know that have been executed in Thailand for drug offences ?

When was the last foreigner executed even?

I think it was a Taiwanese but my memory must be playing tricks as I bet a Burmese has had it since.

You must feel compassion for the guy. He is not necessarily stupid or evil, he may be sick. Anyone who has been addicted to anything will understand this. People who have never been addicted to anything may think that this is because of their high morals or strong will.

Smuggling cocaine is not that bad a crime, IMO. Certainly, alcohol is MUCH worse a drug.

Legalisation of all drugs should help.

They executed some Nigerians but a Westerner, I have never known of any.

I have never heard of a westerner but not a Nigerian either - the only one I recall was an Asian and then again my mind may be playing tricks.

28/01/02

Five Nigerians Executed in Thailand for Drug Offences

The Nigerian embassy in Bangkok has confirmed the execution of five Nigerians by firing squad in Bangkwang, Thailand, for drug trafficking.

A letter from the embassy, with reference number ENB/CN/14-/VOL.X, copied to the ministers of justice and information and national orientation and made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) yesterday in Abuja, said the executions brought the total number of Nigerians executed in that country to six in 2001.

The letter said for the first in more than 10 years, Thailand decided to execute foreign nationals condemned to death, either for drug offences or murder, to signal to the international community its resolve to stamp out drug trade in the Asian country. The embassy further stated that the Thai Correction Department records indicated that there were on the whole 318 prisoners on the death row, 141 of whom are drug offenders.

google.

Edited by Maigo6

Pudu jail Kuala Lumpur

I know a guy in jail who was a mule for taking heroin to Malaysia. He made friends with a young backpacker and she took his bag through Padang Besar and got caught.

She is still in jail, and lots of people were saying, and maybe still saying that she deserved it as she knew what she was doing, which of course she didn't.

You don't always know the full story.

Pudu jail Kuala Lumpur

I know a guy in jail who was a mule for taking heroin to Malaysia. He made friends with a young backpacker and she took his bag through Padang Besar and got caught.

She is still in jail, and lots of people were saying, and maybe still saying that she deserved it as she knew what she was doing, which of course she didn't.

You don't always know the full story.

Slightly different when they've got a gutful of them... 'Sorry officer, I was just digesting them for a friend - I didn't know what they were...' :o

In regards to the questions about the Death Penalty in Thailand.

Many, many foreigners (not just westerners) are sentenced to Death for various offenses. It has usually been the case that a foreigner sentenced to Death will have his sentence commuted to Life In Prison upon appeal. (Thailand has an automatic Appeal for anyone receiving the death penalty. If the sentence is upheld by the Appeals Court, the prisoner can then Appeal to the Supreme Court). Prisoners also have the right to Appeal to the King for a pardon.

Since Lethal Injection was introduced in 2001 (19 October 2001 if you are sticky for details), 27 people have been executed in Thailand. Note that there have been no executions in 2005 or 2006 (and none that I know of this year so far).

Death Penalty in Thailand (Ministry of Justice - Thailand website)

Haven't found a lot of data on number of foreigners actually executed in Thailand. Best numbers I can find are (3) Burmese between 1999 and 2001, plus (1) Hong Kong and (1) Taiwanese in 2001. (Doesn't make a lot of sense, considering Thailand only recorded 1 execution in 2001.)

While it's not really funny, one of the search engine hits came up with this site from the UK government:

Foreign and Commonwealth Office - Country Profiles - Thailand

Although the page is date November 2006, it claims that lethal injection wasn't introduced in Thailand until 2003 (2 years after it became the official method of execution in LOS). It also notes that there were 4 executions in 2003 for murder/drug related offenses (what were the other 7 executions for that year ?)

The article also claims there have been no executions since December 2003 (The Thai government website shows 4 executions in 2004)

From what I've been reading, simple possession of 20-100 grams of a Class 1 drug warrants a Life Imprisonment sentence.

How ever, possession of more than 100 grams of a Class 1 drug warrants a mandatory death sentence (i.e. the defense/prosecution can't even ask for a lesser sentence. It is still appealable in the event of a guilty verdict though).

Well, I think that's enough research for one night (for me any ways).

Don't let it worry you, most will become Alcoholic before they become dependent on Heroin and Coke, besides most will be too drunk jack up anyway.

Idont like alcohol ,i only drink it to get a buzz,release my inhibitions,if it was banned tomorrow it would be really quiet in the town cenres in the uk and the prisons would start to empty ! nah ,it will never catch on ,.

the sale price for 300 grams of cocaine in melbourne is very inticing. considering only 5% of drugs smuggled into australia are caught, its not such a stupid prospect comparitavly . Ive heard of people rob banks and shoot at police (shooting at police in Victoria is one sure way of dying) for much less.