a translation needed for a jai expression

1FinickyOne

Eric67 is correct.  ชู้ทางใจ....you secretly love her but haven't preformed any "action" yet...usually because one or both of you is in a relationship.

Edited by blackcab
Website address removed
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TanooPet said:

Eric67 is correct.  ชู้ทางใจ....you secretly love her but haven't preformed any "action" yet...usually because one or both of you is in a relationship.

Thank you - that fits the situation perfectly... funny how it takes so many English words to convey the same thought... 

Is there any possibility you can define the first word.. I get the Jai..  and the 'way' - taang,  but not the first word... 

Sorry just replying. I don't get on here very often. Yeah, I never get it either. Definitely a short language! ชู้....I'm sure you know เจ้าชู้....means to flirt obviously. ชู้ would be in the noun sense meaning an affair. You could say เขาเป็นชู้กับเธอเหรอ...would mean "he's having an affair with her?" Oddly it's not used in the verb sense. You couldn't say ผมชู้กับเธอ....you'd have to say ผมเป็นชู้กับเธอ...or insert your own pronouns ;) Hope that helps.Here are a few more examples:

ผู้หญิงคนนี้มีชู้-she's having an affair

เขาเป็นชู้กับเธอ-he's her lover (and she's already in a relationship...i.e. she's cheating)

You always have to say มีชู้  kind of like saying HAVE an affair....

• Thanks 1