Blood Pressure Machine

Gonzo the Face

I am in Chiang Mai.  I use a Omron Blood Pressure machine daily.    A problem has come up with the machine,  It appears to be a problem with where the plug is inserted not some internal problem.  Do we have any members using such a product here in CM and happen to know where locally it can be repaired?

Thanks

Gons                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        o

22 hours ago, jimmym40 said:

There is an OMRON store, that sells only OMRON products in the 89 Plaza shopping center in Nong Hoi.     Not sure if they do repairs.    Maybe try GOOGLE for that location and see if you can get phone number.    Or, others stores in CM.

The OMRON shop and service centre in 89 Plaza has closed.

However, going along the road from there towards Chiang Mai there is a new OMRON Service Centre sign on the right hand side.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why buy one for the brand name, when they all are as good as each other.

My no-brand monitor has exactly the same features, cost under 300bht and has worked perfectly for 4 years.

Gives me the same readings as the hospital machine.

Why drink The Macallan when you can drink Mekhong.....both are whiskeys...

I have an Omron, model 7121.  It operates off electrical outlet or 4 Double A batteries.   It also has a warning if it detects irregular heat beats.  I know it was more pricy than some. I honestly don't remember what i paid.  HOWEVER, I highly recommend the battery powered units as they last a looong time  and it is much more convenient to use anywhere.  I have never used the wall plug. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

They all have that, as they all use the same internal parts.

Only the badge and the plastic exterior is different.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. I have not looked at all the monitors on the market as apparently you have, but i do know they are not all the same.  Looking only at Omron there are different features on different models.  Whether one needs them or not is up to the user.  Personally, anytime i am dealing with my health, I am more concerned with quality than cost. Anyway, my main point is whatever brand you choose, being battery operated is a nice convenience to have. Edit: The more I think about it, perhaps it was the wall plug capability that was optional and the battery is standard.  Anyway, I am pleased with mine and I have never used the cord, I wish the OP well.

Edited by silverhawk_usa
  • Like 2