New Android box heading for the bin?

Orton Rd

Had a T96Max+ for a few days not managed to actually watch anything yet. First problem was the almost impossible to use remote so got a mini remote keyboard little bit better. Main problem is every time I tried it after downloading a couple of apps it freezes with a 'cannot open this right now' message, cannot select or move anything, even restarting it's the same. After about 10 minutes the message disappears, other than that it been a real pain, everything seems to want a code, continual messages to join fb or twitter, ads ads ads etc, Mrs said I told you so ????

26 minutes ago, Delight said:

I have a TX 6 box from Lazada.  Currently  even cheaper than yours.

Works fine. Use a wireless mouse -purchased separately

Mine is 4/64 memory got a wireless mouse still think it's a piece of <deleted>. Interestingly True posted us their latest box. It has google play on it but they won't allow you to download everything so it's partially locked. However it's a joy to use compared to the x96 mini +

51 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Mine is 4/64 memory got a wireless mouse still think it's a piece of <deleted>. Interestingly True posted us their latest box. It has google play on it but they won't allow you to download everything so it's partially locked. However it's a joy to use compared to the x96 mini +

I don't know the True box, but I suspect it has Android TV operating system, contrary to a standard smartphone firmware, aka vanilla Android.

In Android TV Playstore only streaming related apps are available, so it is not something True blocks.

As for your X96 box, too many people make the mistake thinking that every Android box is equal, and the cheapest one will perform the same as a 10K Nvidia shield.

If you buy a car, a TV or whatever else, do you also think the cheapest available is the same as the top brand?

Same goes for Android boxes. Every box in the world is produced in China, and the only thing the Chinese care about is to outsell the competition, and that is only possible if they are the cheapest.

Cheap and quality never goes hand in hand.

Edited by Susco