Planning Permission?

I hope this is in the correct forum.

I am curious about the need for planning permission. Does it exist in Thailand. I have a two bedroom bungalow and I am curious, if I wanted to extend upwards, ie make it into a two storey property, what would be involved?

Do I need planning permission? If so, how do I get it? Would it be worth it?

Any advice appreciated.

Where I live permission is given by the or bor dor, or rather, permission was given to my husband for the bungalows he built. Mind, by the time they got around to it, they were half built. But, permission was still granted. Not sure if somewhere else would deal with residential but you could try asking at your local or bor dor to see.

I'm not an expert, but I do believe it is the local Or Bor tor office that gives planning permission, based on house drawings.

I have some drawings for my house, which have been approved by the Or Bor Tor, and I had to produced them at the land office when I transferred the land and house from my company, and they used them to calculate the tax. Without them I couldn't have effected the transfer.

I also think they are required when applying for a new Tabien Bahn (Blue house registration book) to be issued for the property.

I would definitely contact you local Or Bor Tor, but be a bit cagey in case no permission was given in the first place. (Easily remedied no doubt in the customary fashion)

I'm not an expert, but I do believe it is the local Or Bor tor office that gives planning permission, based on house drawings.

I have some drawings for my house, which have been approved by the Or Bor Tor, and I had to produced them at the land office when I transferred the land and house from my company, and they used them to calculate the tax. Without them I couldn't have effected the transfer.

I also think they are required when applying for a new Tabien Bahn (Blue house registration book) to be issued for the property.

I would definitely contact you local Or Bor Tor, but be a bit cagey in case no permission was given in the first place. (Easily remedied no doubt in the customary fashion)

You are mostly correct, I don't think any of us (or them) are experts.

If you're in or near the city limits you would get approval from TessaBan (Amphoe), away or outside the city limits you would get approval from Or Bor Ta (Tambon)....ask your Puyai Ban in the village you live in and he can surely (hopefully) tell you.