Edge Speedtest Link

Cal

Hi, I'm looking to buy an EDGE PC-card next weekend. Would be great if some of you who use PC-card or handset as modem could post the speed you're getting. As I travel extensively throughout Thailand, all locations would be of interest, although Bangkok and Pattaya are my main hangouts.

Mobile operator and PC-Card/handset manufacturer.

Thanks for the help in advance. :o

There have been several recent threads in this sub-forum with speed-test results for EDGE networks, both DTAC and AIS/1-2-Call in Bangkok, Pattaya and other locales.

Based on all the threads I've read here it seems like both DTAC and AIS/1-2-Call have decent EDGE coverage in Bangkok and Pattaya. As a 1-2-Call user I can say that I get EDGE services pretty much everywhere I go in Thailand. According to the coverage map(s) on DTAC's website they seem to have limited coverage to just a few metropolitan areas (1,000 base-stations have EDGE, out of a total of 7,000).

The theoretical limits for Class 8/10 EDGE are 236.8 kilobits/sec (kbps) down and 59.2 kbps up.

Generally speaking I average 100 - 150 kbps down (1-2-Call/Nokia 6151 handset EDGE Class 10/4+1), when I check the local rates at adslthailand dot com .