(UP) University of Phayao - daughter want - Shall we???

glegolo

I wish to take the chance to get some input from you guys, that happens to know anything about this university in Phayao.

Thing is... My wifes sisters daughter, that we have been taking care of the for the last 13 years have now rerached the age when it is time for her to think about university-education. She still have one full year to finish school here in Chaiyaphum, before it is time for university.

Her intention and wish is to go for "computer science" and her choice is this university in Phayao for some reason.. This instead of i.e. Khon Kaen.....

I talked to a friend here who´s wifes sister told him that Phayao is not the worlds best option, it is more like a "Ratchabat university". Which is not up there quality-wise..... This is his words, not mine....

So I do not want to be a sponsor and waste this girls time, and my money, on a school that is not OK. I am NOT looking for a luxery university, I just wish for the girl to have a university that is considerated to be good normal standard. Not a <deleted> university anyhow.

What is your thinking about this? Any ideas??

Thanks,

Glegolo...

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

My niece graduated in Geoinformatics there the year before last.  Got a job straight away and a job in her field 6 months later.  She enjoyed herself and was well cared for and actually learnt something.  It is not a Rajaphat.  It was a college of a well known university (Naresuan) and then transitioned to Independant status as the University of Phahyo.

It is however a University which tends to have modern teaching, not so much the old tenured ajarns who had got skills through who they know as some universities are full of.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, harrry said:

My niece graduated in Geoinformatics there the year before last.  Got a job straight away and a job in her field 6 months later.  She enjoyed herself and was well cared for and actually learnt something.  It is not a Rajaphat.  It was a college of a well known university (Naresuan) and then transitioned to Independant status as the University of Phahyo.

It is however a University which tends to have modern teaching, not so much the old tenured ajarns who had got skills through who they know as some universities are full of.

Thank you so much  for your input. feels good to hear what you say.

glegolo