Car Ferry To Koh Phangnan From Koh Samui

Will say hi to everybody 1st as I'm new here.

I'm planning on driving down to Samui next month and will get there via the car ferry from Don Sak. I know there is also a car ferry between Koh Phangnan and Don Sak but what I need to know is if there is a car ferry service from Samui to Phangnan as I'd like to have a couple of days there before going back to the mainland via the Koh Phangnan to Don Sak ferry.

I'm getting conflicting information on the web as to if a Samui-Phangnan car ferry service exists. I've read that Seatran have a service but not Raja, My GF has read on a Thai language forum that Raja have a service but not Seatran and a guy who lived on Samui has told me that neither now have a service although 1 existed in the past.

I know I could get the passenger ferry and leave the car in Samui but my GF is not happy to do this and it's her car so I'm not about to argue, and I'm not going to get the ferry back to Don Sak and then another to Phangnan as it's too much like hard work.

Any answers gratefully received.

Will say hi to everybody 1st as I'm new here.

I'm planning on driving down to Samui next month and will get there via the car ferry from Don Sak. I know there is also a car ferry between Koh Phangnan and Don Sak but what I need to know is if there is a car ferry service from Samui to Phangnan as I'd like to have a couple of days there before going back to the mainland via the Koh Phangnan to Don Sak ferry.

I'm getting conflicting information on the web as to if a Samui-Phangnan car ferry service exists. I've read that Seatran have a service but not Raja, My GF has read on a Thai language forum that Raja have a service but not Seatran and a guy who lived on Samui has told me that neither now have a service although 1 existed in the past.

I know I could get the passenger ferry and leave the car in Samui but my GF is not happy to do this and it's her car so I'm not about to argue, and I'm not going to get the ferry back to Don Sak and then another to Phangnan as it's too much like hard work.

Any answers gratefully received.

There was a car ferry from Samui to Phangan, but now the only way is from Donsak to Phangan. Thus if you wanna go from Samui to Phangan you need to get back to Donsak first.

When the Makro people came around the island a month or so ago, they told my husband that the Seatrans ferry was going to start running again, but as the Makro opening has come and gone, and, apparently, still no Seatrans ferry on Koh P. Perhaps that was wishful thinking. According to Koh Samui people my husband talked to recently, Seatrans doesn't have enough ferries to run to Koh Phangan.

but as the Makro opening has come and gone,

really! where is it? or did they cancel the plans?

on a related subject, i've heard that the big building side in tongsala, just up for the 16 theatre is a lotus (presumably lotus express). does anyone know if that's true?

steve

Sorry Steve, I meant it has already opened. Its just before the Tesco but on the left hand side of the road if you are coming from Nathon and headed towards Chaweng.

A taxi driver on Samui told us a Big C is also planned for the area.

As for the building in Thong Sala, no idea, I heard Tesco had bought land outside of Thong Sala on the way to Madewan. That land in town belongs to the same family that owns all of the land at the pier. They would never sell so if Tesco is building something there they are leasing the property.

Big C Samui well under construction.On the same side as Macro, heading to Bophut from Chaweng.

What is planned completion date? What kind of store is a Big C? I was a little disapointed in Makro. They don't really have all that much stuff.

Big C Samui well under construction.On the same side as Macro, heading to Bophut from Chaweng.

What is planned completion date? What kind of store is a Big C? I was a little disapointed in Makro. They don't really have all that much stuff.

Big C is in direct competition to Tesco,different food outlets & variety stores. Macro is a cash & carry & mostly aimed at business.

they do help traffic conjestion on that bit of road between tesco macro. then the big C. Traffic.LOVE IT!!!. Fustrated drivers is just what samui needs.

be total grid lock soon. i might invest in an expensive pair of trainers in stead of buying a new car.

i sky train would be nice. though that would be builtabout this time next 3007. alot of talking about in the papers though. what happened to that aqua world swimming thing. the GRAND OPENING. my mates were planning to go there for his birthday. turned out it was just open for people wantig to build and set up shop there.

there is alot of promtion in thailand. i hear onlytalking not enough doing. makes me sick. :o

i work with builders all day that just say yes then igore me. then i sack them to be replace by similar people. makes me want to escape to big C o Aqua world but that ain't open yet. macro and tesco take to much time to get through the traffic. maybe i will just box myself in the mirror.

if u want to know who i amlookfor the man who wil have one panda eye in th next few days

Hi there!

As we are now, there isn't a ferry that transports cars Samui - Phangnan.

How about motorbikes (not scooters)?

Sometimes, depending on the type of passenger ferry, they also allow bikes for an extra charge.

Anyone heard of this before?

I am riding a motorbike from Phuket, taking a ferry from Don Sak to Samui, and would like to take the same bike to Phangnan.

Possible? :o

Thanks.

D.

Hi there!

Sometimes, depending on the type of passenger ferry, they also allow bikes for an extra charge.

I am riding a motorbike from Phuket, taking a ferry from Don Sak to Samui, and would like to take the same bike to Phangnan.

Thanks.

D.

I've never seen a scooter or a motorcycle on any of the samui-phangan-samui ferries in Thongsala, not sure about Haad Rin, I don't go there very often.

Was there ever a proper reason given as to the why the car ferry stopped between the islands? It means us poor KPG folks can't go bulk shopping in Tesco, isn't that rather convenient for certain families on the island? Ah, I digress, surely there can be no corruption in Thailand, must be my excessive farang imagination :D

Edited by mac.wheeler

Hi there!

Thanks.

D.

I've never seen a scooter or a motorcycle on any of the samui-phangan-samui ferries in Thongsala, not sure about Haad Rin, I don't go there very often.

Was there ever a proper reason given as to the why the car ferry stopped between the islands? It means us poor KPG folks can't go bulk shopping in Tesco, isn't that rather convenient for certain families on the island? Ah, I digress, surely there can be no corruption in Thailand, must be my excessive farang imagination :D

Thanks.

I just posted the topic.

Really hoping to be able to do so.

D.

Hi there!

Thanks.

D.

Actually, yes, I believe I have posted it several times but people insist on their own conspiracy theories :D

According to my husband, who talked directly with someone at the Port Authority/Marine Dept, there was a dispute over the rent, ie the govt raised the rent and SeaTrans did not want to pay.

The Songserm boats occasionally take motorbikes but can only fit a couple. There is also a special ferry used to transport furniture and goods that runs between samuii and phangan. it arrives at the songserm pier in thongsala from samuii twice a week i believe. i used it in january to have furniture delivered from samuii to phangan for my restaurant.

Hi there!

Thanks.

D.

Actually, yes, I believe I have posted it several times but people insist on their own conspiracy theories :D

According to my husband, who talked directly with someone at the Port Authority/Marine Dept, there was a dispute over the rent, ie the govt raised the rent and SeaTrans did not want to pay.

• 1 year later...