Oil of cloves for tooth ache

NewGuy

Oil of clove or checkup by a dentist?  I think the last option to be the better choice. An infected tooth can eventually cause damage to the bone structure of your jaw and then you've got real problems.  X-rays and an option don't cost very much at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

Oil of clove or checkup by a dentist?  I think the last option to be the better choice. An infected tooth can eventually cause damage to the bone structure of your jaw and then you've got real problems.  X-rays and an option don't cost very much at all.

I had a toothache once, I went to see a dentist and he said there's nothing wrong with the tooth - just a bit of a gum infection.

A course of Amoxicillin cleared it up inside a few days. For the previous few days before I got around to seeing the dentist which was closed over Christmas the pain was pretty strong and clove oil did help numb it.

These days I would reach for the Amoxicillin first and then go to the dentist if it persists - it usually doesn't.

11 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Always found that the 7/11 pharmacist had the best toothache tablet pain killer. Don't know the name but it came over the counter in a red packet, foiled yellow tablets - apparently for women's period pains but best tooth tablets I ever had.

This one? It's a question, I know my gf takes it. But I don't know if it works with toothache. 

The name is Ponstan.

EnqcDnMfvp81YE9DCU88W0AURIAt7-RvToAHZx9M

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1

So, this is what I did ....

Monday appointment with Dr Warin on Pattaya Klang @ Soi 10.

Bought Fishing Brand Toothache Relief Oil, 30 baht after showing loyalty card, at Fascino’s Pattaya Tai. Contains phenol, menthol, creosote. Pharmacist recommende d it over M16. Dosage: 1 or 2 drops a day into gauze, then apply to tooth with plastic thing. It’s got a stopper that’s hard to get out, must have spilt 30%. Seems to be working.

Sheryl’s Lazada suggestion was so reasonable. I found over 150 Clove Oil products from 60 to 2,500 baht. It might be big in the massage oil, aroma therapy market. Funny descriptions when you clink on a link: ‘Do not use internally. Dilute with 2 drops of neutral oil before application to tooth.’ Several others: main ingredient: cedar. I just couldn’t figure out what was appropriate for my tooth ache. That google web page translate link is great.

I first started carrying Oil of Cloves, from a Toronto drug store, in case I needed dental help while backpacking in dicey areas like Khao San Road or Singapore, haha.

Thanks for all the advice. My tongue is numb.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 7:59 PM, CALSinCM said:

That's what happened to one of my molars. Got decay under a crown, un beknowing to me. The tooth wasn't sore, but once I got a fistula on the gum which indicated infection. That did clear up...or so I thought. But the tooth had been sore to bite hard on for quite a while. An xray showed bone loss around the tooth, mostl likely due to infection. I had that tooth removed and now have an implant. Seems to be working fine now.