Online reservation system saves time!

Several days ago I used the online reservation system to make an appointment to extend my Non-O Permission to stay due to retirement. I guess not many people are using it yet as I was able to pick my day and time. I got an email confirming my appointment within seconds. When I showed up I was directed to the officers desk with no waiting. On the reservation form a desk number is listed along with the time.

At present, I think that this is only available for the Division 1 Chaengwattana office in Bangkok? Sure beats spending hours in line waiting! The Officers were friendly and helpful!

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?avada_portfolio=เปิดให้บริการจองคิวผ่า

26 minutes ago, Oxx said:

I just wonder why they don't make this mandatory (except, perhaps, in cases of emergency).  It would reduce the overcrowding in Chaengwattana and the real risk of the spread of disease there.

1.  Would require applicants to have internet access.  Probably there are still some who don't.

2.  A change of that magnitude would require a long period of gradual introduction group by group, which looks to be what has now begun.

1 minute ago, cmarshall said:

1.  Would require applicants to have internet access.  Probably there are still some who don't.

2.  A change of that magnitude would require a long period of gradual introduction group by group, which looks to be what has now begun.

Lao, Cambodian and other marginalised groups which may not have Internet access are not dealt with at Chaengwattana.

Everybody can have Internet access; Internet cafés haven't disappeared completely.  And really, who these days doesn't have a 'phone with Internet access?  And if they turn up without an appointment, let them book an appointment on the spot then tell them to come back if there isn't anything available immediately.

Immigration has never cared about long periods of gradual introduction.  Consider all the people who've recently turned up at Chaengwattana only to be redirected to Mueang Thong Thani.

1 hour ago, onekoolguy said:

I guess not many people are using it yet as I was able to pick my day and time. I got an email confirming my appointment within seconds. When I showed up I was directed to the officers desk with no waiting. On the reservation form a desk number is listed along with the time.

This has been around since mid-2020.

Desk number is L1-32 for ext stay/ret.

Definitely a huge plus IME.

Archived