Travel By Car To Laos And Cambodia

Laos is easy.. Cambo I heard is not so easy (to transit seems easier to cross the border and be restricted to the province only) and getting tougher.. I have had email with a Laotian rental company that specializes in covering Vietnam / Laos / Cambo and China.. They say they currently cannot gain access to Cambo or Myanmar

Email from the Lao embassy.

You are welcome,

You have to do a passport for your car. For this please contact the transport department of the Ministry of transport of Thailand (I have learned from a friend that the office that issue this kind of document for the car is located in Mochit area). I think this office can drive you the further information.

For Lao side, when you have car passport and its insurance then you can drive it to Laos. When you arrive a Lao Checkpoint the officials there will help you to do the needs documents.

Please, find our more information from the Ministry of transport of Thailand.

Before you enter Laos you can apply for the visa at our office in Bangkok or apply for the tourist visa at the checkpoint. The tourist visa allows you to stay in Laos 30 day.

Sincerely,

Anyone has experience in traveling by car from Thailand to Laos and Cambodia and staying there for a couple of weeks? What papers do I need to cross borders and have a safe trip?

Thats nice. But were is the motoring section?