Fit for Fly - Dr. Donna

Hi guys, 

I've finally received my STV and COE. Success! 

I'm planning to use Dr. Donna for my Fit to Fly. https://medconsultappointment.simplybook.me/v2/#book/category/1/count/1/

Do I need to provide my PCR-test to her? 

Why I'm asking is: I'm taking my test 10 am Day 1 (6 hours before Thailand, or GMT+1). I'm told I'll receive the answer at 8 pm (at latest), Day 2. At Day 3 I'm flying around 4 pm. 

I could request for a meeting at Day 3 a couple of hours before departure but that would be crazy stressful. 

Could anyone of you who used this service let me know of your experience? ????

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

You want to meet a doctor in Thailand for a fit to fly certificate TO Thailand? What am I missing?

Dr Donna, or the link I provided, is one of the most used FtF services used for air travel at the moment (at this site and in all groups regarding the same subject that I'm currently a member at). Hence the question. 
 ????

Edited by aldriglikvid
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

I've been in touch with her and seems legit. Only takes 5 minutes then you can print off email.

Sounds comforting! Thanks. 

Do I understand this somewhat correctly then: You arrange a time for a Videocall. When the Videocall happens you show the PCR test and everything else that she wants - and you have the FtF in your mail within 10 minutes or so? 

53 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Sounds comforting! Thanks. 

Do I understand this somewhat correctly then: You arrange a time for a Videocall. When the Videocall happens you show the PCR test and everything else that she wants - and you have the FtF in your mail within 10 minutes or so? 

This is what I got back from her :

Screenshot_20210206-170913-01.jpeg

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, habuspasha said:

Don't you need to have a Fit to Fly certificate BEFORE you get to Thailand?

Yes, which is what you get from Dr Donna.

55 minutes ago, habuspasha said:

I thought it should be filled out by physician or clinic in originating country.

Not really. What's the difference between getting it via an online consultation in your home country (which many countries offer) or from an online consultation from Bangkok? None (other than a possible major cost saving).

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, habuspasha said:

I'm confused.  Don't you need to have a Fit to Fly certificate BEFORE you get to Thailand?  I thought it should be filled out by physician or clinic in originating country.

It seems that I've confused a whole lot of people in this thread. I apologize for that.

I'll try again: 

To enter Thailand on my COE I need to provide a Fit to Fly and a PCR-test. In my country these two are produced separately (as in many other countries) and I've been quoted 180$ at one place (I need to drive there, take an exam etc.) and 190$ at another place. On top of this is the ~$200 PCR-test. 

Now. On this forum, and many other forums, it has been recommended to use the aforementioned link to registered M.D to produce a Fit for Fly - for a mere 400 baht. It has been reported on this forum, and many other forums, that even though she's located in Bangkok no passengers had any trouble using her Fit to Fly. 

That's the background to using Dr D (saving $200). Are we in a agreement with reasoning to use DR D, or am I still confusing everybody on this point? 

Now, as with the PCR-test the FtF also needs to be produced within 72 hours before departure. Adding to the cocktail: I can't produce the FtF until my PCR-test comes in (or atleast, this was my question in thread #1).  My PCR-test will come back ~24 hours before my flight departure making it little room for error to contact Dr Donna to get my FtF produced. Are we on agreement on this point as well, or am I still confusing a lot of people? 

(Not trying to be rude, genuinely trying to get the mechanics behind the FtF). 

Edited by aldriglikvid
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aldriglikvid said:

My PCR-test will come back ~24 hours before my flight departure making it little room for error to contact Dr Donna to get my FtF produced.

Just set it up prior an you will have no problem. Dr Donna's clinic appears to operate 24/7, email them your negative result, hook up via video, receive your FTF within half an hour.

Surprised they allow online consultations for Fit to Fly. My girlfriend just popped to a place in London and got one for £30. Booked a session online the day before then walked round the corner and it was wrapped up in 20 mins.

Not doubting it, but seems bizarre.

Edited by lmxcredt

I used a Dr Donna FTF letter last week to get on the airplane. It works fine and is is totally stress free. It was inspected at every point along the way and caused no raised eyebrows at all. 

I am halfway through quarantine in BKK now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Issanman said:

I used a Dr Donna FTF letter last week to get on the airplane. It works fine and is is totally stress free. It was inspected at every point along the way and caused no raised eyebrows at all. 

I am halfway through quarantine in BKK now.

Great! Did you book your appointment ahead of time or did you book it when you received your PCR-test? 

My original post - that I think got lost in the confusion at this point - is that my PCR-test result is received somewhere 24-48h after the test. Meaning, it's a bit hard for me to plan in detail. 

In your case, I would schedule the Dr Donna appointment at the latest possible time to be able to get it printed out before going to the airport. 

I paid $300 for a PCR test that guaranteed me results the same day. They emailed the test results to me within an hour after the test. I checked into my ASQ 71 hours after that. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rochford6 said:

Your fit to fly certificate must state that you are free from covid

I thought the fit-to-fly certificate was totally separate from the PCR-test. I've see specimens of fit-to-fly forms on many websites and on them no mention is made of Covid per se.

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

I thought the fit-to-fly certificate was totally separate from the PCR-test. I've see specimens of fit-to-fly forms on many websites and on them no mention is made of Covid per se.

Here I might be able to help.  I showed two sample FTF forms to a Consul officer in NYC to ask which to use.  Neither asked about Covid test.  One short one aske a few basic health questions.  Another was more detailed.  The officer, who didn't look carefully, dismissed the question with something to the effect that it didn't matter, that whatever they used would be fine.

And so I thank Aldriglikvid and others for the tip on Dr. Donna.