Jump to content

Apple Macintosh in Thailand - how and where to buy products?


maksida

Recommended Posts

I live in Nakhon Phanom province, close to Mukdahan. I'm in the market for a new iPod Touch, but I can't for the life of me navigate the official Thai Mac "shop" site. I go round and round in circles. What I'd like is either a retailer in Mukdahan or Nakhon who can speak English, nid noy - or a reliable on-line vendor.

 

Any help gratefully accepted. Thank you! (Please avoid any Mac vs. PC arguments!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, maksida said:

Thanks, FritsSikkink! But all the buttons are greyed out - can't click anything here.

You need to click the colour you wish to have and then click the storage size you want. Then you add to basket. Just tried it myself using the link.

 

Edit; Why not just buy a new iPhone? Does the same job and more, and has the same storage capacity options. Some of the earlier models (Iphone x, 11) are close enough in price too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maksida said:

...but I can't for the life of me navigate the official Thai Mac "shop" site. I go round and round in circles.

 

Oh dear...  its really not that difficult. Can you get someone who is computer literate to help you with the website ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

There's an Apple shop in the mall in Ubon Ratchatani it's a bit of a hike though. 

There are only 2 Apple shops in Thailand, both are in Bangkok, all others are Apple Authorized Resellers or not connected to Apple in any way. There are 3 Apple Authorized Resellers in Mukdahan (Banana, Studio 7, PowerBuy) and another 2 in Sakon Nakhon 

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There are only 2 Apple shops in Thailand, both are in Bangkok, all others are Apple Authorized Resellers or not connected to Apple in any way. There are 3 Apple Authorized Resellers in Mukdahan (Banana, Studio 7, PowerBuy) and another 2 in Sakon Nakhon 

Do you know if they have any  New iPad 128 GB WiFi in stock in Mukdahan?Trying to buy one, Yasothon has a more than one month wait same with ordering with Apple online.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past I've ordered both an iPhone and Apple Watch online from the Apple store. If you use Chrome, it automatically translates any Thai into English. Signing in to your Apple account when ordering makes the process easier. I looked at the local Apple authorized resellers, but they never had the exact model I wanted. 

 

Ordering online gives you more options for colors, memory size, etc. Delivery is free. To Phuket it typically takes 3 to 5 days, depending upon where it is shipped from (Bangkok, Singapore or China). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

In the past I've ordered both an iPhone and Apple Watch online from the Apple store. If you use Chrome, it automatically translates any Thai into English.

That is a rather ridiculous process. All you need to do is click the button that says English at the bottom right.F79ED0AB-1130-4FE2-8096-68389D14C9D9.jpeg.c28b0c9e84f3eb855f341dfe37fd6b19.jpeg

then you get

0F606D23-80C1-49F8-9908-B43D545ED1BD.jpeg.e15304450435bbc0f268d4228a1b825d.jpeg

 

and you can shop for any products in English. Or if that’s too difficult call them 001-800-65-6957 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

All you need to do is click the button that says English at the bottom right

Even after clicking the English button, some pages (e.g., Apple watch) remain inThai. Chrome translation solves that. Regardless, the website remains an easy to order Apple products. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

Even after clicking the English button, some pages (e.g., Apple watch) remain inThai. Chrome translation solves that. Regardless, the website remains an easy to order Apple products. 

No it doesn’t. It is in English. All the shopping pages are in English, the only Thai pages are the AppleCare more information pages.

 

There is however a poor user interface choice, that you need to scroll down for the individual items for the English pages, if you click the top banner you go to the Thai page (this one)

3BA59A93-D9C5-46FC-B830-751E4A28EDCB.jpeg.24f04294c142f8551a280a5ee1fe5b4e.jpeg

scroll down to this.

Completely in English (this one)

FA02E757-655C-4D03-938C-6F70F58C350F.thumb.png.22164f690ad40ba1c45034b9c258f072.png
 

AB5D9598-40BC-4035-BA1A-24C09E32563E.thumb.png.4ee1a0396eaac7a7cd12f52df80eabe7.png
 

Take a look at the URL you will see that it is /th-en/

30A441AC-0226-49DB-8367-D43196284335.jpeg.2bf689ed06a6e121abdbaf4328b547d5.jpeg

this indicates that it’s the abbreviation  for Thai site in English 

 

the standard Thai page is /th/ but you can edit most pages to /th-en/ to get the English page, though not every page has both.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2021 at 3:57 PM, richard_smith237 said:

 

Oh dear...  its really not that difficult. Can you get someone who is computer literate to help you with the website ?

I need someone who is computer literate to help me use the washing machine. I'm a total idiot with anything more complicated than an Etch-A-Sketch. Filling in forms on website brings me out in a cold sweat. I will need a milky drink and a lie down after making this comment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm now looking at the possibility of getting my iPod classic repaired and maybe upgraded to flash drive (cheaper than buying a new one). Of course, my efforts to find somewhere to get this done in Siam have come to nothing (including a couple of obvious Bangkk dealership phone calls). But there are a number of places in the UK that will handle this.

 

So I have another question, I'm afraid - when it's sent back to me (trackable courier) will the Thai customs officers add some import tax to it? Does anyone have experience of this? Or does anyone know of a Mac genius capable of the task here in this country anywhere?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, maksida said:

So I have another question, I'm afraid - when it's sent back to me (trackable courier) will the Thai customs officers add some import tax to it?

The customs will not care that it is not new. If you use a courier company there’s a virtual guarantee of import duties and VAT. However if it comes in via the post office there is a chance that it may not get taxed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 9:23 AM, maksida said:

I'm now looking at the possibility of getting my iPod classic repaired and maybe upgraded to flash drive (cheaper than buying a new one). Of course, my efforts to find somewhere to get this done in Siam have come to nothing (including a couple of obvious Bangkk dealership phone calls). But there are a number of places in the UK that will handle this.

 

So I have another question, I'm afraid - when it's sent back to me (trackable courier) will the Thai customs officers add some import tax to it? Does anyone have experience of this? Or does anyone know of a Mac genius capable of the task here in this country anywhere?


https://www.iflash.xyz

 

Buy the board yourself, the sd cards from a local supplier - maybe you order a new battery too from eBay or AliExpress and follow a YouTube video.

 

I have 4x 128 GB in the 4 slot option, the guy who runs the company is really helpful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2021 at 11:38 PM, recom273 said:


https://www.iflash.xyz

 

Buy the board yourself, the sd cards from a local supplier - maybe you order a new battery too from eBay or AliExpress and follow a YouTube video.

 

I have 4x 128 GB in the 4 slot option, the guy who runs the company is really helpful. 

Thank you. Very interesting. But as changing a plug taxes me to the very limits of my technical expertise, I think I'll leave it alone!

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, maksida said:

Thank you. Very interesting. But as changing a plug taxes me to the very limits of my technical expertise, I think I'll leave it alone!

Have you thought about speaking to a mobile phone repairer - the tools are all the same - the only thing that’s different is the formatting of the SD cards and then it’s just inserting the ribbon cables which they do every day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2021 at 2:03 PM, recom273 said:

Have you thought about speaking to a mobile phone repairer - the tools are all the same - the only thing that’s different is the formatting of the SD cards and then it’s just inserting the ribbon cables which they do every day. 

Good idea - thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...