Buying a rental car

Felt 35

What can I expect to have to pay for a Toyota Yaris Ative 2019 (I assume entry model but no letter indicate which model on the trunk). As far as I can find out from some insurance documents in the glove compartment, is that it is registered with the car rental company in November 2019 (no copy of green book in car), but I assume that it was produced by Toyota in 2018! The car looks and drive like new with only 14500 km on the computer and apart from a rim capsule that probably have got a scratch from a driver hitting the curb and some almost invisible small scratches in the paint here and there. I have now rented it for 4 months and the car rental company have told me they usually change their fleet every 2-3 years so I will like to give them an offer.

Thanks for any advice.

Felt

3 hours ago, beachproperty said:

Well a brand new Yaris Altiv is 539,000 baht for the base model. So yours being 2-3 years old with low miles I would make them an offer of 350,000 Baht (Probably worth 400,000 - 425,000 baht). Good Luck!

That was exactly the price I had in mind to offer them, but I reckon that they will demand closer to 380 -400000 as the car both outside and inside looks and works as new.

Felt

On 2/10/2021 at 12:52 PM, Felt 35 said:

That was exactly the price I had in mind to offer them, but I reckon that they will demand closer to 380 -400000 as the car both outside and inside looks and works as new.

Felt

I quote myself and should of course known better than to bid on a used rental car here. Second hand don't count it seems either do it that its a "rental car". Thb 450000,- thank you.????

Felt????

Remember, too, that a fleet owner, like a rental company, would not have paid the sticker price for the car when new. There was probably a discount anywhere between 10% and 15% off the sticker price. 

However, if we take the price another poster has mentioned of B539k, (for a current model), then a 15% discount would reduce the figure to around B458k.

Surely, these guys are poking fun at you (the OP)!

Only guaranteed thing you will get from buying a rental car is the empty beer can jammed under the passenger seat!

Only 14500 km would normally by suspicious if last year wasn't 2020.  Good is that rental cars are regularly serviced.  Bad is that it is a rental and nobody treats rental cars with any care.

Make an offer and see what they say.

10 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Make an offer and see what they say.

On 2/11/2021 at 7:06 PM, Felt 35 said:

should of course known better than to bid on a used rental car here. Second hand don't count it seems either do it that its a "rental car". Thb 450000,- thank you.????