Best brokerage account

I am interested in opening a brokerage account, either here or with an international broker.  I am a US citizen but a Thailand resident, so most  brokerage accounts in the USA are not available to me - it seems you have to prove a physical presence in the USA to open an online brokerage.  I have tried InteractiveBrokers.com, but for non-US residents you have to  have a "Pro" account, which has monthly maintenance fees for accounts less than $100,000.  I will not be an active trader, I just want to stash my excess money someplace (mutual funds, or maybe some stocks/bonds) that will result in a better return than a savings account (and give me a little entertainment).  I would like to hear suggestions from TV investors.  What brokerage do you use?  If you have a local investment account, which one do you use?  I need a low-cost brokerage with no maintenance fees and low minimum deposits.   Thanks!

I have Fidelity and Vanguard opened  while I was in US, changed to my Thai address and phone number.

I have Schwab and IBKR opened with US passport, Thai address and phone number.

Schwab and IBRK are more  user friendly for money tranfers. Schwab ATM is godsend. Schwab has a $25,000 min. to open but I am not sure if they enforce it. They let you open an account and fund the account at your own time.

With IBKR , I can change price setting anytime; Pro to Lite and back.

Screenshot 2021-02-11 172550.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions.  Schwab’s listed $25000 minimum scared me off.  As for IBRK, I opened account, but there was no option to switch to the Lite version.  When I dug into the listed eligibility for Lite, it said you needed to be a US resident.  

14 hours ago, tropicaldoc said:

You might try Tastyworks.  They are expanding overseas.  They are quick to respond to email, etc.  Might also try Schwab.  They can be contacted via chat on their website.  Good luck.

Tried to register with Tastyworks, but they will only accept a physical US address for US citizens.