Dependent visa for a parent

6 minutes ago, CNX69 said:

Is it better to get in the home country or in thailand?

Thanks in advance 

15 years ago I tried to get one for my father in Thailand (at the main HQ before they moved to Chang Wattana), the intent was for him to live here with me and my family, failed they insisted that he apply for a retirement visa, gave him a 90 day extension in order to get the 800,000 Baht here and season it.

Maybe things have changed, all the best

What "dependent" visa are you asking about.

There are non-o visas based upon being a family member of a person on a long stay extension of stay or for being the parent of a Thai or for being the parent of child attending school.

Not all of them can apply for 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration. In that case it can only be applied for a embassy or consulate.

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Maybe things have changed, all the best

Fifteen year ago it may not been allowed. But it is certainly allowed now for those on some extensions of stay under clause 2.20 of the immigration order.

In reality there is no visa or extension of stay for being a dependent of someone since that means they are dependent upon them for support. 

The title of clause 2.20 states this.

image.png.df05a90796ec05d8f0e741c0e92f2ae7.png

8 minutes ago, CNX69 said:

I am on OA extension and need a long term visa for my mother

She would have to apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate for being a member of your family.

Then she can get a extension of stay if she is 50 or over under clause 2.20 of the immigration order. The extension will granted to the day yours expires.

10 minutes ago, alant said:

Why does the forum Thread email label this;

"Immigration officer wants 20k to renew my marriage visa" ???

It is an error done when the newletter was done. Probably a mix up when the hyperlinks were created.

1 hour ago, alant said:

Why does the forum Thread email label this;

"Immigration officer wants 20k to renew my marriage visa" ???

Exactly, been censored or removed by any chance?? I paid 20,000 baht (on top of usual fees) to my local friendly Immigration Officer for 6 years to get my retirement visa and avoid all the necessary bureaucratic financial paper work to avoid showing 800,000 baht! All that was necessary at that time was the "proof of income letter" from my Embassy, irrespective of the lower exchange rate! No problems nowadays here in Cambodia, once registered on FPCS, all one pays is around 300 US$. 

4 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Exactly, been censored or removed by any chance??

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is an error done when the newletter was done. Probably a mix up when the hyperlinks were created.

The topic is still open.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What "dependent" visa are you asking about.

There are non-o visas based upon being a family member of a person on a long stay extension of stay or for being the parent of a Thai or for being the parent of child attending school.

Not all of them can apply for 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration. In that case it can only be applied for a embassy or consulate.

I had elederly mum come and they gave her retiuerment visa and I am on o visa extention....

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Marriage or retirement extension of stay?

For marriage only your non Thai children can get a extension.

Mine is an O retirement ext of stay ... if I can find her old passport I will check exactly what they put in there, but am pretty sure it was just like mine..

7 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Mine is an O retirement ext of stay ... if I can find her old passport I will check exactly what they put in there, but am pretty sure it was just like mine..

Did she have to show financial proof to get her extension? If not she got one for being your parent.

Archived