Songs Keep Repeating Themselves.

NoshowJones

I have hundreds of songs on my smartphone divided into categories, like country music, pop music, gospel music.

Up until now, I would have it on shuffle playback, just sit back and listen, only now the songs just keep repeating, this

means I have to keep pressing the forward button after the end of each song, and that just keeps me going on to the next

one instead of shuffling different songs all the time.

Is there anything I can do to stop the songs repeating themselves?

53 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have hundreds of songs on my smartphone divided into categories, like country music, pop music, gospel music.

Up until now, I would have it on shuffle playback, just sit back and listen, only now the songs just keep repeating, this

means I have to keep pressing the forward button after the end of each song, and that just keeps me going on to the next

Are you using the music playing app that came installed in the phone or a third party one?

Check the settings on the smartphones music player? Maybe there's been an app update that has reset or lost some settings? If it's third-party, try uninstall and reinstall?

If that doesn't work, maybe try another player app?

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Are you using the music playing app that came installed in the phone or a third party one?

Check the settings on the smartphones music player? Maybe there's been an app update that has reset or lost some settings? If it's third-party, try uninstall and reinstall?

If that doesn't work, maybe try another player app?

Nothing to do with the app, It is a music downloader I paid for. Anything I do to try and correct it, I would not want to risk losing any of my songs. Should I just install another music player? 

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing to do with the app, It is a music downloader I paid for. Anything I do to try and correct it, I would not want to risk losing any of my songs. Should I just install another music player? 

VLC is the best in my opinion, on both phones & PCs, for music or movies.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

After a bit of a search I settled on Musicolet.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.krosbits.musicolet&hl=en&gl=US

Not sure what's up with the OP without a bit of detail? Phone? App? etc. Maybe it's a favorite thing selected? If it's a third-party app uninstall and reinstall it, and rescan your libraries. If it's embedded then noodle through the settings.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing to do with the app, It is a music downloader I paid for. Anything I do to try and correct it,

Two posts asking for help and you haven't even said the name of the program you are using to play the music!

Here's an idea, try changing the settings from repeat to shuffle?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Two posts asking for help and you haven't even said the name of the program you are using to play the music!

Here's an idea, try changing the settings from repeat to shuffle?

You may find this funny, and I don't blame you, but I cannot find the name, it does not say anywhere. I even looked through all the icons on Google Play without success.

I have tried looking at the settings, and cannot find anything about repeat, I have clicked on shuffle and it has no effect.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Perhaps upload a screenshot; someone may recognise the UI.

A screenshot of what exactly? The icon is not the same as the one when I originally downloaded and paid for.

The original one was I think navy blue in colour, this one is bluey green with a double musical note with the word "music" under it.

19 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

A screenshot of what exactly?

A screenshot of the main "page" it opens to. For example, other users of the app are likely to recognise this image as being from Plex:

1214183496_Screenshot_20210215-151650_Plex-jpg-14402960-.png.086f8df021aa7af4061ecc463ac260da.png

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

... this one is bluey green with a double musical note with the word "music" under it.

Screenshot of that could also help someone recognise it. 

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

A screenshot of the main "page" it opens to. For example, other users of the app are likely to recognise this image as being from Plex:

1214183496_Screenshot_20210215-151650_Plex-jpg-14402960-.png.086f8df021aa7af4061ecc463ac260da.png

Screenshot of that could also help someone recognise it. 

I don't think it would do any good, there is no feature to stop the repeating, although there is one for shuffle.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:39 PM, possum1931 said:

It is a music downloader I paid for. Anything I do to try and correct it, I would not want to risk losing any of my songs.

You sure the songs are downloaded to your device? Can you browse to the files? If so, just download, install, and use another player, since you can't even find out the name of this one.

On Android I prefer AIMP, well-designed for playing music files, not bloated. It also streams radio stations with no need for additional plugin.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:26 AM, possum1931 said:

try a reset.Most devices can only shuffle in the same order unfortunately.

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

You sure the songs are downloaded to your device? Can you browse to the files? If so, just download, install, and use another player, since you can't even find out the name of this one.

On Android I prefer AIMP, well-designed for playing music files, not bloated. It also streams radio stations with no need for additional plugin.

The answer to your first two questions are yes. I have already downloaded, installed and am using another player, that is VLC, but I cannot find the shuffle. Also I have a few playlists set up, and it would take some time to set up new playlists, it would involve hundreds  of songs.

10 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The device I have will shuffle in different orders. There is nothing in the settings that will

allow a reset.

i meant  refresh the song lists you have played so far.i am not sure why they keep repeating though.sorry i cant help you more

• 2 weeks later...