Getting A Taxi To Pattaya

Sanook77

Hi,

I've been in Bangkok for a few months, and would like to spend a few weeks in Pattaya. I've taken a taxi before from the airport, but I'm unsure how to go about finding one whilst actually being in the city centre.

Could anyone suggest the best way to go about this. I was thinking of just asking a few taxis that drive by if they would take me, hopefully one of them will.

Also, if the driver wants the fare done without a meter, what would be a good price to pay.

Cheers.

We took the taxi once from Bangkok to Pattaya... (we got off the bus that was going there because it stopped at every bus stop picking up passengers and we were so annoyed by this... still in bangkok after one hour) Anyhow, back to the OP... We got off somewhere near central Bang-na and just hailed one of the taxis passing by. We got for 900 Baht plus tollway fees. Very nice driver and we got to pattaya in an hour and a half :D

I'm not sure how much it would cost if taking it from downtown like Sukhumvit... also wondering as we're planning a trip to Pattaya again soon :o