I-129f, Address In Nativer Alphabet

I'm filling out this form to get started and just came accross line 16, "If your fiance's native alphabet uses other than Roman letters, write her name and address in the native alphabet".

I should have seen this before I left but.... I don't write Thai! Does anyone have a creative solution?

OOOPS! Can't figure out how to get that r off of Native in the topic! Typing too fast.

Edited by ngangu

I been through the same before. All I did was send the form(s) to my wife and have her complete the appropriate sections. Then she would mail the form(s) back to me. Just to make sure my wife got it right, I would mark the appropriate sections with a "sticky".

You can use the US Post Office to mail your letter, or if you prefer "guaranteed" delivery, use UPS. The latter of course costs 4x more money.

Alternatively, if you already know the address in "English", go to any Thai translation service and they can help you out. You can also find Thai "translators" at any decent Thai restaurant in the US.

I been through the same before. All I did was send the form(s) to my wife and have her complete the appropriate sections. Then she would mail the form(s) back to me. Just to make sure my wife got it right, I would mark the appropriate sections with a "sticky".

You can use the US Post Office to mail your letter, or if you prefer "guaranteed" delivery, use UPS. The latter of course costs 4x more money.

Alternatively, if you already know the address in "English", go to any Thai translation service and they can help you out. You can also find Thai "translators" at any decent Thai restaurant in the US.

Thanks Gumball. Tomorrow I'm looking for a Thai restaurant!

Thanks Gumball. Tomorrow I'm looking for a Thai restaurant!

There is no way I would rely on a Thai waitress to do the translation. There are just too many ways to spell names and with this sort of paper work, you *really* want it to match up with all her other documents.

I simply had my wife email me her name and address in Thai, then good old cut and paste to the rescue. If I recall correctly, however, the PDF that I had would not allow Thai characters to be entered electronically. In those cases in which I didn't have enough space or I couldn't enter them because of the character set, I simply added an additional page from Word and on the form said something like *see additional page*. I can't remember the exact wording. Then on the additional page, I listed the form and item number followed by the full information. This technique worked particularly well for the biographic information as the Thai addresses don't really fit well in the forms. Just remember that each page, including the additional pages that you write, need to be signed and dated.