Experiences at Saraburi Immigration

Saraburi121

I don't see many folks other than Myanmar workers or student agents at Saraburi Immigration.  What are your experiences dealing with Saraburi Immigration offices within the last 2 years?  Positive or negative and why? 

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

My friend uses Saraburi  immigration he said no problems ,for the past 3  90 day reports his wife went ,he stayed at home.

One problem with retirement extension  ,he went for an extension ,the officer said ,you have not undated your bank pass book ,he had the letter from the bank no problem .

So he had to go in to Saraburi to a bank update the pass book ,get a new letter ,as the new balance did not match the banks letter , then back to immigration 

Like me, before Saraburi  immigration opened he used Lopburi office ,he said Lopburi was better .

Got to be the only immigration office in Thailand using an old petrol station . 

Applied for another annual extention of stay on the grounds of marriage, this year every document was gone through with a fine toothed comb, (inspected in detail). Given a report back date of 9 April but today my wife received a call from Saraburi Imm Office to say that my application had been approved and I could report on Monday (5 April) to get stamped. I have fond memories of Lopburi office, however I'm impressed by this office. 

5 hours ago, Nibor1945 said:

Applied for another annual extention of stay on the grounds of marriage, this year every document was gone through with a fine toothed comb, (inspected in detail). Given a report back date of 9 April but today my wife received a call from Saraburi Imm Office to say that my application had been approved and I could report on Monday (5 April) to get stamped. I have fond memories of Lopburi office, however I'm impressed by this office. 

Good on ya upon your success!  Folks at the immigration station seem to be good people but not up to speed on regulations. There is one lady that is not so nice though, the rest are very cordial.  Never seen them this busy as I just extended my marriage visa last month. This is my 3rd marriage extension and every year it has been gone through with a fine tooth comb. Wife and I have been married 11 years and lived in a few different countries.  Think by now they would think it was legit. Who knows what pressures they are under. 

• Thanks 1

Been using the Saraburi office for retirement extension for several years. Never busy and usually in and out in about half an hour.

They often have different set of staff each time always always cordial and polite, except this last time, last December. 

Again not busy, no one in line in front of me but was ignored for good few minutes and then a very surly "yes what".    

Was shunted from one desk to another with extra forms to be signed, same forms I had already submitted. There seemed to be a bad atmosphere among the whole staff.

Then had to go back to sit down while the staff were shuffling papers around to each other. Eventually a surly call "Farang" from one of the staff. A few more papers to sign and I eventually got the stamp and out of there over an hour later.

Not the usual pleasant experience, but this is LOS and goes with the territory. 

What got me was being called "Farang" instead of the normal and usual polite Mr. John.

I have no objection to being regarded as a "Farang" but after the usual friendly service and always being addressed as Mr. John I was a bit disappointed at the change of attitude.

Hopefully by the time my next extension comes round they will be back to the usual cheerful, polite staff I remember. 

Edited by Daffy D
Spelling!

11 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Been using the Saraburi office for retirement extension for several years. Never busy and usually in and out in about half an hour.

They often have different set of staff each time always always cordial and polite, except this last time, last December. 

Again not busy, no one in line in front of me but was ignored for good few minutes and then a very surly "yes what".    

Was shunted from one desk to another with extra forms to be signed, same forms I had already submitted. There seemed to be a bad atmosphere among the whole staff.

Then had to go back to sit down while the staff were shuffling papers around to each other. Eventually a surly call "Farang" from one of the staff. A few more papers to sign and I eventually got the stamp and out of there over an hour later.

Not the usual pleasant experience, but this is LOS and goes with the territory. 

What got me was being called "Farang" instead of the normal and usual polite Mr. John.

I have no objection to being regarded as a "Farang" but after the usual friendly service and always being addressed as Mr. John I was a bit disappointed at the change of attitude.

Hopefully by the time my next extension comes round they will be back to the usual cheerful, polite staff I remember. 

Nice post.  Seems like the office is under a lot of pressure from all the registration of change in law of illegal workers, stacks of paperwork abound and folks waiting in taped off areas.  But that said from my experience its luck of the draw which officer who you get to process your extension application. Could have done a retirement extension and was heavily pressured to do so last time, had the money in the bank but chose extension based on marriage. Always bring a year of my bank statement for surety.