Thai tourism in 2021: Further fall in predictions - 2 million may visit, says thinktank

webfact

the figures were estimated 20, 10, 5mln.

now it's 2mln.

I give around 200 000.

There is not vaccination to thai population. They won't be happy with bringing mass tourism and also travellers won't be happy going to a country where there is not safe, as if authorities do not bother about pandemic.

Thai vaccination program is estimated to end in march 2022 (that is 10mln jabs per month from june this year). Thailand is still short of some 20mln doses, which probably private health sector will have to import

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

In recent weeks TAT governor Yutthasak Suphasorn suggested 10 million could visit though tourism and sports supremo Pipat Ratchakitprakarn toned this down to 5 million.

Now the assessment is at 2 million.

About the size of an ant family then .. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Now the assessment is at 2 million. And this depends on both Thailand and key markets in Asia, Europe and the US getting their vaccine act together

Best look in the mirror on that one ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WeadRot said:

Looks like yet Another Nation is about to go to Pot

literally

make them all Docile and carefree 

that's the way to make it Easy to manage them all

So very very sad

The Less You Know-The More You Obey.......Weak Minds are easily misled.....

• Like 1

Nobody is coming. 

Anyone check the unemployment figures of the G8 countries? 

Not to mention more Pilots are being laid off.

Not to mention the 10s of Thousands of aircraft on the ground.

Not to mention operating losses of Year to date lost earnings in passenger and cargo revenues ...... 

Not to mention we still have not made any progress of The Ease to Do Business with, or within Thailand 

The days of Shemes and scams are over. 

Let's get on the world stage and out of our US against THEM attitudes. 

I seem to recall that last month these same idiots were claiming that up to 6 million people from the U.K. were expected to visit this year I have yet to find a year when so many brits as estimated arrived in Thailand prior to Covid the average number of Brits visiting each year was just over 1 million .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WeadRot said:

Looks like yet Another Nation is about to go to Pot

literally

make them all Docile and carefree 

that's the way to make it Easy to manage them all

So very very sad

Is'nt that exactly what the army has been doing since 2014. They don't depend on tourism, they have a trough to feed them!

Prayut did a good job preventing the virus last year BUT he has done a horrible job of procuring vaccines for the population. The country can't "open up" its tourist economy until most of the residents here have been vaccinated. 

I have just come back from a popular island resort the place was dead, absolutely dead.....I would say that 70% of small shops were shuttered, and a lot of hotels had no cars in the parking lot. Getting a meal other than our own hotel was challenging.

Sort the mess out Prayut!!!!......you wanted power, now do what you promised to do and were paid to do.

• Like 2

If China lets people out it may well be a few million by the end of this year but without the Chinese it probably won't top 50,000 !    However; majority of countries want to keep their citizens inside and spend money at home to help their own economies and aside from that reality is the fact that millions of people just won't travel this year through fear of catching something until Herd Immunity kicks in sometime in 2022/3.

19 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Prayut did a good job preventing the virus last year BUT he has done a horrible job of procuring vaccines for the population. The country can't "open up" its tourist economy until most of the residents here have been vaccinated. 

I have just come back from a popular island resort the place was dead, absolutely dead.....I would say that 70% of small shops were shuttered, and a lot of hotels had no cars in the parking lot. Getting a meal other than our own hotel was challenging.

Sort the mess out Prayut!!!!......you wanted power, now do what you promised to do and were paid to do.

Ah yes; you mean 'Return Happiness to the People'.....Lol

On 3/10/2021 at 11:27 AM, webfact said:

It was felt vital that Thailand got as many people as possible vaccinated in the tourism industry before October so that tourists would return. 

From the speed of this Vaccine rollout and the rate of procurement on Vaccines, it cannot be so important