Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Visa exempt > non-O > extension rules?

It's been a while since I did this and does anyone knows if the rules have changed? My retirement extension expired in early January and I'll be returning in 3 to 4 weeks.

I'll be coming in on visa exempt from the US. After quarantine I'll go to CW to get the 90 day non-O based on retirement. After 60 days I'll return to CW to get my annual extension. Has this process changed?

Have had 800K+ baht in the bank the last couple of years. Also have a new passport since this Jan and I'll have copies of stamps (expired) from the old passport in case they ask.

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As long as you can show that the 800k came from overseas you won't have an issue. I recall our man Ubonjoe stating that if funds have been in Thai bank for some time, then this requirement is more flexible. 

Thanks! I originally transferred in the money and put it into a foreign currency fixed deposit account in Bangkok Bank. Showed the fixed account certificates (no book) and that wasn't a problem in CW. Converted that account to a Baht passbook about a year ago but still have all my paperwork.

Just now, JerseytoBKK said:

Thanks! I originally transferred in the money and put it into a foreign currency fixed deposit account in Bangkok Bank. Showed the fixed account certificates (no book) and that wasn't a problem in CW. Converted that account to a Baht passbook about a year ago but still have all my paperwork.

Ubonjoe or other expert will provide exact advice in due course. IMO of what you have outlined you are A-OK.

IMO arriving visa exempt was good choice. In similar threads I have always asked .,.."do you have Thai bank account".

Seems minor issue. It's not. Since you have Thai bank account then you have plenty of time to obtain your non O. 

Good luck.

Archived