Flights Between Chiang Mai And Penang

MaggieMay

There were, on one of the cheapo airlines, but someone told me that they have stopped.

There have never been any direct flights between Chiang Mai and Penang to my knowledge. The routing to take is either Chiang Mai-Bangkok-Penang or Chiang Mai-Kuala Lumpur-Penang.

Perhaps the flight that I am talking about was cancelled from Bangkok to Penang? :o

never had chiangmai - penang. wish they did!

bkk-penang has been going on for a while on airasia. few years now. cheapo it may be but surely well appreciated.

Perhaps the flight that I am talking about was cancelled from Bangkok to Penang? :o

Or perhaps you were think of Chiang Mai to somewhere else?

I'd love to see AirAsia add CNX-PEN to their route network but I doubt that demand would actually dictate the need for such a flight. If AirAsia were to offer any increased service to Malaysia from Chiang Mai, I would suspect that a second daily flight to Kulala Lumpur to be the more likely candidate.

Or perhaps you were think of Chiang Mai to somewhere else?

I'd love to see AirAsia add CNX-PEN to their route network but I doubt that demand would actually dictate the need for such a flight. If AirAsia were to offer any increased service to Malaysia from Chiang Mai, I would suspect that a second daily flight to Kulala Lumpur to be the more likely candidate.

I seriously think a second KL-ChiangMai is in the pipeline this year considering how popular the route is. Still hoping for a chiangmai-dehli or chiangmai-mumbai route on a budget airline.

Handy link, Austhaied - thanks.

Is Tiger Air any good ?

Pity you have to go to BKK to get to Vientiane by air, too.

You're welcome.

Tiger Air are great to fly with. same deals as Air Asia such as having to pay for drinks and snacks..

I always smuggle my own onboard..

My folks flew from Australia to Bangkok last January for $98 Aussie dollars each minus the taxes of course.

Pity you have to go to BKK to get to Vientiane by air, too.

You don't. Lao Airlines fly this route as well as Chiang Mai-Luang Prabang.

Ah, thought there ought to be a way.

So, how are Lao Airlines ?