London Thai Food Festival

Spee

Hi All,

Has anyone heard if the London Thai Food Festival is on for 2007? I don't see it on the Battersea Park events schedule and the website has no information. The weather has sucked the last two years and probably hurt the attendance, and I'm worried that it may not be held again this year. TIA for any info.

If it's on and anyone is planning to go, then feel free to PM if interested in socializing, downing some brews, etc.

Cheers,

Spee

Hi All,

Has anyone heard if the London Thai Food Festival is on for 2007? I don't see it on the Battersea Park events schedule and the website has no information. The weather has sucked the last two years and probably hurt the attendance, and I'm worried that it may not be held again this year. TIA for any info.

If it's on and anyone is planning to go, then feel free to PM if interested in socializing, downing some brews, etc.

Cheers,

Spee

Hi Spee

I may be wrong but I thought it was held in Battersea every other year.

However, there is the Thai festival held in the intervening years at Milford near Guildford which is also very good.

TBWG :o

Hi All,

Cheers,

Spee

Hi Spee

I may be wrong but I thought it was held in Battersea every other year.

However, there is the Thai festival held in the intervening years at Milford near Guildford which is also very good.

TBWG :o

Check out this link http://www.secretts.co.uk/events.htm

TBWG :D

Edited by TBWG

Hey T,

Yeah I saw the same thing.

Where wuz I last year? Staring out the window watching the rain pour down sideways. Probably shoulda gone anyway but didn't.

To TBWG, thanks for the other link. I might be at my place in LoS that weekend, but if not, that event looks like the next best thing.

Cheers,

Spee

I'll try giving the number a call - what is stated on the website - later to see what is happening - I also have a contact in the importers of beer singh, who may know something too. I guess question is if the battersea park people have rented the park out to someone else over the time...

Secretts is bi-annual - battesea festival is usually annual. Also the Anglo-Thai Foundation (think i got it right) had a festival 3 years ago - 1 week before battersea - i dont know if theyre organising something this year - will have to try and find out. Suspect not as their first wasnt well attended and prob cost more than it made...

I'll see if I can get something from the Thai Restaurant Association too...

Looks like Anusak Thepdamrongchaikagul forgot to top up his mobile or just could face all the phone calls as now 07789 261 881 is an unassigned number (pity who gets it next !)

Still, I'll find out and post here - hope to get something tomorrow.

Cheers

Just doing a bit of digging and came up with this...

Monday, May 28, 2007 15th Eastern Cultural Fete

The 15th Annual Eastern Cultural Fete is being held on Bank Holiday Monday 28th May 2007, 12 noon to 5pm. It's on the Hamilton Green (opposite Hamilton Arms), School Lane, Stedham, nr Midhurst West Sussex. Billed as a Family Fun Day it features Food, Craft Stalls, Thai Classical Dancing, Thai Boxing, Fortune Tellers, Indian Head Massage & Thai Massage. Organised by the Mudita Trust, proceeds go to various charities in Thailand. Bank holiday weather permitting, it's a good day out. The Hamilton Arms, Stedham, West Sussex

http://www.thehamiltonarms.co.uk/local-attractions/index.asp

Never been before, but may well go along and it benefits Thai charities...

Quite impressed looks like a good day at the hamilton arms - just called and spoke to Mudita (Has done an awful lot for good charities based in Thailand over the past 15+ years) and the festival has been running for 15 years now. There will be around 10 food stalls and 28 craft stalls. Exected turnout is around 2000 people.

Visit http://www.thehamiltonarms.co.uk/mudita-trust/index.html for more info on the charity

tricky part is getting there if you dont have transport. Closest railway station is Petersfield, which is on the South West Trains route from Waterloo to Portsmouth (I think). Then it is about 10-12 miles to Stedham, where the festival is.

I'll try giving the number a call - what is stated on the website - later to see what is happening - I also have a contact in the importers of beer singh, who may know something too. I guess question is if the battersea park people have rented the park out to someone else over the time...

Secretts is bi-annual - battesea festival is usually annual. Also the Anglo-Thai Foundation (think i got it right) had a festival 3 years ago - 1 week before battersea - i dont know if theyre organising something this year - will have to try and find out. Suspect not as their first wasnt well attended and prob cost more than it made...

I'll see if I can get something from the Thai Restaurant Association too...

Just dug out a old business card from the guy who I think is the Sing man ...Geoff.....at Entebe....yea...

If you dont get any answers I can give him a call.... :o

I think the Anglo-Thai festival was a one time thing, though I could be mistaken. I was also there for the event 3 years ago and had a good time.

Thanks for the heads-up for the Monday event. I'm planning to be out of the country for the bank holiday but will be getting back early in the morning Monday. Sounds like it might be fun and worth stopping by. I have really bad ankles and can always use a nice foot massage. Also good to support the charities.

Just got some news from the importers on Singha Beer in the UK...

Seems the Battersea Park Thai festival will not be going ahead this year. I'm informed that this was passed by word-of-mouth.

I'm trying to get through to the Thai Restaurant Association in the UK, through the Thai Embassy in London, but havent got anything yet. Will keep trying. Also, will be trying to get some information on That Rest Assoc contacts through some of the restaurant owners I know.

Great shame as this is always something I look forward too in a big way, and in the times I have been has been a great day and I have met many new people too. Great shame, if it is so.

Still, maybe some enterprising organization/person will see an opportunity here... (but if you do, keep the entry prices low...)

Also, the secretts Thai festival is on this year, which I'm hoping to go to. Never been before - is there the ability to camp overnight there ?

If I get any more info will post here on UK thai festivals/events this year...

Edited by Khun Bob

Thanks for the info,

Generally go to Battersea, but was unable to make it last year! So a shame it is not on this year.

Have been to Secretts for the last couple of occasions so will most likely be there again.

Any further info you can dig up would be great.

Khun Bob, do you get preferential rates on imported Singh :o

Moss

I wish i did as when i look at the price in the UK and think how much in LOS - I certainly dont smile.

Actually I just realised that my avatar needs to drink some as it looks stupid on a fast computer... Hah got to get my old celeron upgraded and do something about the manic cat (which actually looks ok on my pc, but I still using Windows for Workgroups and IE1...

I've got some more info on other UK thai festivals that I have uncovered today and will post later.

Khun Bob, do you get preferential rates on imported Singh :o

Moss

Got this info from Tourism Authority Thailand in London

Thai Festival in Salisbury on Sun 10/6/07. See :

http://www.thaiforum.co.uk/Salisbury/salisbury.html

Then there is one in Stamford on Sun 15/7/07. See :

http://www.thaiforum.co.uk/Stamford_2006/stamford_2006.html

No idea what these will be like and how long they have been running for. Will be calling the organisers to get some more info and will post on here.

If anyone goes to the festival in Stedham on bank hol monday 28/5/07, please post on here your experience and comments. I wont be there and the forecast is not good, but I hope it is ok for the festival.

When i get more info will update here...

It's about time they held a food festival Ooop North or - even better- in the Midlands.

Yes Endure that would be a good idea. My Street is availalable for rent! I hope they have a seller of Charcoal pots for a Thai Style bbq as I aint had any luck as yet!

:o

• 1 month later...