Water pump pressure

james.d

The guy who last time serviced my water pump told me to make sure the pressure should be 20 psi.

The pump is constantly running today so when I tried to add pressure with a bike pump, dirty water came out of the air tank(?). Please see attached photos.

Is their anything l can do myself or is a service technician required?

Many thanks.

IMG_20210323_142243.jpg

IMG_20210323_142236.jpg

These little tanks tend to have a bladder which may have sprung a leak if you are getting water at the valve.

Unscrew the tank (water and power off), shake out all the water and pump it up to 20psi. If you can actually pump it up then you may have a small leak which will last a while before needing emptying again.

The only real fix is to replace the tank.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

These little tanks tend to have a bladder which may have sprung a leak if you are getting water at the valve.

Unscrew the tank (water and power off), shake out all the water and pump it up to 20psi. If you can actually pump it up then you may have a small leak which will last a while before needing emptying again.

Thank you very much Crossy.

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yes it was full of water, it should only contain air correct? 

It will fill again with water so l think a new one is required.

1 minute ago, james.d said:

Yes it was full of water, it should only contain air correct? 

It will fill again with water so l think a new one is required.

Yeah, should contain just air.

We have a large tank that has a slow bladder leak, lasts about a month before it needs draining, Replacing it is one of those jobs that is waiting for me to get a Round Tuit.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, should contain just air.

We have a large tank that has a slow bladder leak, lasts about a month before it needs draining, Replacing it is one of those jobs that is waiting for me to get a Round Tuit.

Thanks again Crossy. Does it need to be from the pump manufacturer like for like or are they much the same?

Edited by james.d
More info