VIDEO: New ‘Smart Parking’ car park opens in Bangkok

rooster59

228047_th.jpg

Image: Banmuang

The first automated, multi-storey car park in Bangkok was unveiled to the public at MRT Sam Yan station on Friday.

The ‘Smart Parking’ system has been opened to try and encourage commuters to take public transport in a bid to reduce PM2.5 levels in the capital. 

The car park will open April 1st with prices starting from 15 baht for two hours for MRT passengers. Non-MRT passengers will need to pay 50 baht per hour or customers can purchase monthly tickets for 2,000 baht per month.

Banmuang reported the car park can accommodate 46 vehicles and that it takes three minutes to bring a vehicle to the ground.

The Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) said the new car parking facility is a cost-effective use of space, saves time and increases convenience for users.

The MRTA plans add other smart parking systems at Huay Kwang stations and at other stations along the Blue Line.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-27

Shoppers might use it but unlikely commuters if they’re going to park all day. That would get expensive. Although 2,000/month might work as some people get charged to park at work. Interesting idea. 

21 hours ago, Excel said:

Given their proclivity to avoid routine or undertake planned maintenance then quite a lot I suspect

I notice the electric motor is out in all the elements, should be interesting when there are days and days of wind driven torrential rain. ''Sorry sir can you come back when the sun is shining to collect your car ?''

'' That won't help I left my kid inside'' Ho Hum.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ezzra said:

"Smart parking" in Thailand? gooood luck with that, i'm not going to be using this contraption any time soon..

Smart parking is an after thought in Thailand.... near me is a new complex of apartments each building containing 45 rooms over 5 floors [9 each floor]
The car parking allocation for each building is 9 spaces.... yes 9 spaces for 45 apartments.

And there are 10 buildings !!!!

It's fun every morning watching the cars trying to get out and go to work.