Covid-19 insurance for Thai entry - international health insurance good enough?

On 3/30/2021 at 12:47 AM, ubonjoe said:

What visa are you using that allows a one year stay.

On this site I chose the USA that has the about highest cost and it is "Total Premium : THB 23,040" for a year.

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/step_1

Prices went down. I remembered during the scare they wanted 43K baht for 1 year coverage for Americans last year.

Edited by gt162

On 3/30/2021 at 2:47 PM, ubonjoe said:

What visa are you using that allows a one year stay.

On this site I chose the USA that has the about highest cost and it is "Total Premium : THB 23,040" for a year.

https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/step_1

For Tipinsure COVID-19 insurance, does anyone understand what is meant by this statement:

*This COVID-19 Insurance Policy, together with its renewal, is a requirement for inbound travelers to Thailand only. It is not intended for foreigners currently living in Thailand.

specifically, "together with its renewal".

And regarding the 40/400 insurance requirement for Non-O, that is just a one-time thing through your current expiry of stay?

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This COVID-19 Insurance Policy, together with its renewal, is a requirement for inbound travelers to Thailand only. It is not intended for foreigners currently living in Thailand.

It means you cannot purchase it and use it if you are here already. If you used it to enter the country you could then renew it and use it here.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

And regarding the 40/400 insurance requirement for Non-O, that is just a one-time thing through your current expiry of stay?

Yes

3 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

I'd be very worried about that. 

3 hours ago, gt162 said:

Same here. My insurance letter states unlimited lifetime maximum for medical and hospital expenses including covid19 treatment.  It also states pay upfront and file for reimbursement later, etc,  etc.

Best to attach the email and ask the Thai embassy/consulate to see if its acceptable since you can save 23K baht plus plus.

Yes, not only it does not show the dates (because it's billed monthly and they can only confirm it's active as of now), but it's a really lengthy letter with lots of other statements, e.g. that they pay 100% of covered charges but only after $2500 deductible applies (I'm on a high deductible), that foreign hospitals might not be able to bill directly and I would pay upfront and be reimbursed later, and other legal disclaimers such as that this letter is not a guarantee of payment etc. etc.  And they would not modify the standard letter in any way.

The concern is that even if the embassy accepts it, the COE is not a guarantee of entry, and this letter might confuse the heck out of officials in the airport.

I'm thinking if I should play it safe and get another insurance just in case.  I would need the cheapest policy because it's for a letter only and I wouldn't be using it anyway.

20 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

In you case AXA Sawasdee travel-insurance is most probably the best option to meet the CoE insurance requirements.

Thanks for this.

Are you certain that: 

2 Medical Expense due to Accident or Sickness 3,500,000

meets the 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance requirement?

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Thanks for this.

Are you certain that: 

2 Medical Expense due to Accident or Sickness 3,500,000

meets the 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance requirement?

Yes, as you can see the sample certificate quotes in remark-2

> A combined limit of 3,500,000 THB applies to Outpatient and Inpatient benefit

And I got a mail from a TVF-member that used this AXA Sawasdee insurance to meet BOTH insurnance requirements (the 100.000 US $ covid treatment insurance, as well as the 400K/40K health-insurance policy requirement > he needed both as he was applying for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement.  Application approved and cost of his 90-day policy 7.200 THB)

• Thanks 1