SCB (Siam Commercial Bank) at Chaeng Wattana Immigration Division 1 has closed down!

Was at CW Immigration to extend my visa (marriage) this morning. As usual, after getting my queue number, I went downstairs to get a letter and 6-month statement from my bank, SCB, to confirm my funds of over THB400K. Surprise! All other banks ie TMB, Kungsri, Bangkok Bank and others are all there, EXCEPT Siam Commercial Bank which has been closed down for good!

So I had to rush out to the main road to look for a SCB branch; the nearest is at Big C BUT they only open at 10:00am. As I was there at 9am, I had to hunt around for another SCB branch and found one on the main CW road.

Note: The IO also confirmed that the bank letter and statement must be dated the same day as my application.

So, if you're a SCB customer, beware and allow time (at least an hour) to get the bank documents; more so with the horrible traffic jams on CW caused by the BTS construction.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just be mindful that this SCB branch at Big C only opens at 10am.

4 hours ago, Lucian said:

Well, they probably close down after end-March last year as it was there when I did my renewal last year.

Yeap....the CW SCB branch closed o/a 20 Apr 2020.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yeap....the CW SCB branch closed o/a 20 Apr 2020.  

Also indications are that will not open branch CW in future.

SCB customers best advised to open new bank a/c.

I'm very happy with Kasikorn for extensions.

• Like 1

This seems to be happening a lot with the SCB over the last five years my account has been moved twice due to the branches being closed down and both these banks had a very good customer base you could be 20 minutes waiting in the line to be dealt with thankfully I am on online banking but yes it’s a pain if you need to get statements and letters to satisfy immigration requirements 

Very disappointed with SCB, have been with them 20 years plus. Maybe time to change banks unless they become more customer considerate. Maybe the SCB management should appreciate that every person that went to the Immigration office branch to request a letter had a bank a/c with SCB and usually significant level of funds. 

2 minutes ago, kennw said:

Very disappointed with SCB, have been with them 20 years plus. Maybe time to change banks unless they become more customer considerate. Maybe the SCB management should appreciate that every person that went to the Immigration office branch to request a letter had a bank a/c with SCB and usually significant level of funds. 

I became disillusioned with them about 3 years ago after the third time they changed the location of the bank I dealt with in Udon Thani out on the ring road.  I switched banks to Kasikorn (K-Bank) but kept the SCB account opened until I finished paying off a vehicle I had financed through them which was 2 years ago. I transferred the last of the money out, and due to inactivity after 6 months they closed the account.  Been really Happy with K-Bank and the phone app they have.