Has anybody bought this?

djayz

I've seen it advertised on ukkmall.com for ฿ 1,600 and was wondering if it's any good? 

Looks like a handy tool to have, but what's the quality like? 

Screenshot_20210407-172316.png

Screenshot_20210407-173129.png

Edited by djayz

Just now, VocalNeal said:

It's a garden fork!

Not quite, it's used for turning the top soil. There's a video which is played on their homepage, but I can't share that. 

The "teeth" / sprongs are wider/thicker than that of a fork.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

What is a garden fork for if it is not for turning the top soil. I suppose they can be used for harvesting potatoes. But don't they grow in the cultivated topsoil?

I assume from your previous 2 replies that you haven't bought this product and thank you for your input. 

• Haha 2

I have seen many "revolutionary take the hard work out of gardening" inventions come and go, seen most of them dumped behind the garden shed after a year or two.  Just buy a garden fork, I got one for ฿250 (ish) years ago and it does its job just fine. 

I was a self employed gardener for over 40 years. 

10 minutes ago, cooked said:

Just buy a garden fork, I got one for ฿250 (ish) years ago and it does its job just fine. 

The OP wants to know if you have bought the kind of fork he is thinking about and not just any old fork.

13 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

^ Nah. Could use a belt for that!

I have a goose on the loose around the house and I need a noose to reign it in. Better luck next time I guess. 

Or more correctly, its used   to aerate   a lawn area,  thats what the   piece on the side is for,  use your foot to drive the tongs into the lawn and loosen   the soil to allow  air i.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

The OP wants to know if you have bought the kind of fork he is thinking about and not just any old fork.

That's why I wrote what I wrote. Can't see your point.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Or more correctly, its used   to aerate   a lawn area,  thats what the   piece on the side is for,  use your foot to drive the tongs into the lawn and loosen   the soil to allow  air i.

Yes I bought something very similar many years ago, it's something that you only use once and that doesn't really do a good job as earth isn't extracted from the hole. The sides of the hole are compacted, so not necessarily improving drainage. You're supposed to sweep in sand (quarz sand) into the holes. 

I rarely come up with the "I was in the business for 40 years" argument. BUT: I was in the business for 40 years. 

The quality looks insufficient to me for the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...