Husband getting a new job (same visa type but new employer), does wife on non-o have to leave the country?

Hi all, 

I am going to change jobs - I am currently on a non-immigrant b visa with a work permit and my wife is on a non-o visa as my dependent spouse. 

I know I can change to the new visa within thailand but does the same apply to my wife? Or does she have to leave and come back? 

Edited by MOEHARD

I assume you are a extension of stay based upon working not the 90 day entry allowed by a non-b visa.

If you will be cancelling your current extension and the applying for new one supported by a new employer at the same immigration office. Your wife could apply for a new extension for being a member of your family on the same day yours is issued.

You new employer will need to apply for your new work permit and get a application approval letter that you will need to apply for a new extension. Then after getting the new extension your new work permit would be issued after your current one canceled.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are a extension of stay based upon working not the 90 day entry allowed by a non-b visa.

If you will be cancelling your current extension and the applying for new one supported by a new employer at the same immigration office. Your wife could apply for a new extension for being a member of your family on the same day yours is issued.

You new employer will need to apply for your new work permit and get a application approval letter that you will need to apply for a new extension. Then after getting the new extension your new work permit would be issued after your current one canceled.

You are always so helpful and it's reassuring to hear this because it was hard to find an answer on Google. I'm sure you know this but you are great and so helpful to so many people! 

THANK YOU UBONJOE!