Chang Cold Brew......

WineOh

On 4/10/2021 at 5:47 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

Bring back the original Chang in the brown bottle!!

I am not a regular beer drinker but years ago used to occasionally drink the one you describe and enjoyed.

When they made the change could not enjoy and gave it away.

Now prefer Singha.

39 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I am not a regular beer drinker but years ago used to occasionally drink the one you describe and enjoyed.

When they made the change could not enjoy and gave it away.

Now prefer Singha.

Singha Reserve is to my taste 5.3% and fuller mouthfeel. 

• Haha 1

Water, Barley & Hops. That's all that is required for beer. Up to my knowledge Chang Cold Brew is the only large quantity beer brewed in SEA that adheres (or comes close) to the German "Reinheitsgebot".

It's my favorite as for commercial beers.

I quite like the new Leo 8 which they describe on the can as strong, even though it is only 0.1% stronger than the regular brew. And I have no idea what the 8 is based on. Both things we farangs are not meant to understand. It's very similar to Tapper, which comes in at 6.5. And my wife, gawd bless her, recently returned from 7/11 with a Beer Lao IPA for 69 baht, which was also pretty decent. She also, unprompted, brought back two large bottles of Cold Brew. Everyone should have a wife like mine. And yes, it is another decent drink, although that is definitely relative when talking Thai beer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I quite like the new Leo 8 which they describe on the can as strong, even though it is only 0.1% stronger than the regular brew. And I have no idea what the 8 is based on. Both things we farangs are not meant to understand. It's very similar to Tapper, which comes in at 6.5. And my wife, gawd bless her, recently returned from 7/11 with a Beer Lao IPA for 69 baht, which was also pretty decent. She also, unprompted, brought back two large bottles of Cold Brew. Everyone should have a wife like mine. And yes, it is another decent drink, although that is definitely relative when talking Thai beer.

8 is Lucky number in China 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Please take the time to look at this clip for a good laugh.........

You must have linked to the wrong clip or I totally missed the funny bit

Edited by loong
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, loong said:

You must have linked to the wrong clip or I totally missed the funny bit

It kills me every time I watch it. For you non Americans this is a reference to the lower class of people drinking malt beer. JHC, it's hilarious.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not sure that I would want a wife who can only bring home 3 bottles of beer

I always receive a dozen in a box be it beer, wine or whatever.

There again I suppose it’s the thought that counts. !!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, StevieAus said:
22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not sure that I would want a wife who can only bring home 3 bottles of beer

I always receive a dozen in a box be it beer, wine or whatever.

There again I suppose it’s the thought that counts. !!!

She's very cautious with money. Again, everyone should have a wife like mine ????

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

She's very cautious with money. Again, everyone should have a wife like mine ????

My wife is also very careful with money especially mine, unfortunately I have to report that today she has failed me and unlike you I will not be receiving even three bottles of beer.

She has just called to tell me that Makro has sold out of Singha beer including the small bottles I usually buy.

Fortunately I am only an occasional beer drinker so will enjoy my wine instead.

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

My wife is also very careful with money especially mine, unfortunately I have to report that today she has failed me and unlike you I will not be receiving even three bottles of beer.

She has just called to tell me that Makro has sold out of Singha beer including the small bottles I usually buy.

Fortunately I am only an occasional beer drinker so will enjoy my wine instead.

My local Makro doesn't sell alcohol at all as it's probably 2-300 metres from a university. The 7-11 opposite the uni does though. TIT.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:39 AM, fabruer said:

Water, Barley & Hops. That's all that is required for beer. Up to my knowledge Chang Cold Brew is the only large quantity beer brewed in SEA that adheres (or comes close) to the German "Reinheitsgebot".

It's my favorite as for commercial beers.

Heineken and Amstel are also full Barley beers and brewed locally. BTW "Das Reinheitsgebot" isn't a law anymore. It's more like a Quality advice in Germany, that's why the american Budweiser can be sold there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moneyhonour said:

Heineken and Amstel are also full Barley beers and brewed locally. BTW "Das Reinheitsgebot" isn't a law anymore. It's more like a Quality advice in Germany, that's why the american Budweiser can be sold there.

I neither enjoy to drink Heineken nor Amstel. Have never understood the "hype" around Heineken.

Indeed, it's not law anymore. Hard to sell anything labelled beer and not adhering to the Reinheitsgebot in German speaking countries though. I would argue Budweiser doesn't sell too well. That's a very subjective obersvation, mainly based on availability experienced. It's a bit similar to why Starbucks is not successful in Italy.

Interestingly, I get bad hang overs from most beers in SEA, even in low quantities. Especially those with rice mash added. Not Beer Lao though.

Edited by fabruer
Typo