STV 1st extension - Phuket

P.S.: now when I see this Covid insurance "example" that Phuket I/O showed to me today (it's from somebody else, I deleted their names), I'm confused now - there's no any 'Covid' word mentioned on this paper? 

Phuket IO insurance example.jpg

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You need both the Covid Insurance and the 400/40K Health Insurance to extend from an STV entry.

1181573652_21.3.1STVregulationsforextension.jpg.d228ce026deebe46fa6d84a2bbaf30df.jpg

I'm aware of this official Immigration rule (by the way, it does *not* says it needs Covid insurance - only 400/40k insurance is mentioned, see the picture you've sent)... BUT, as we all know, each I/O office is making it's own rules, and here in Phuket, they told me they need *only Covid insurance* (NO 400/40k insurance, NO ASQ proof, NO TM30, NO hotel/apartment booking/rent), I was there today and they told me this, and probably I'll go again as nothing is sure in this country ???? If anybody had different experience in *Phuket I/O (for STV extension)*, and if anybody knows what is the cheapest Covid insurance for 3-6 months, I'd appreciate it, thanks ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sallecc said:

I'm aware of this official Immigration rule (by the way, it does *not* says it needs Covid insurance - only 400/40k insurance is mentioned, see the picture you've sent)...

Read it again;

• Proof of Health Insurance policy which covers the whole length of stay in the Kingdom, with a minimum 100,000 USD coverage for Covid 19 medical treatment
  • Proof of Thai Health and accident coverage, which covers the whole length of stay in the Kingdom, with no less than 40,000 THB coverage for outpatient treatment and no less than 400,000 THB for inpatient

I believe the example you were given by the IO was the top page of an International combination Health Insurance policy, which included both medical and Covid cover for a 1 year period.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Read it again;

• Proof of Health Insurance policy which covers the whole length of stay in the Kingdom, with a minimum 100,000 USD coverage for Covid 19 medical treatment
  • Proof of Thai Health and accident coverage, which covers the whole length of stay in the Kingdom, with no less than 40,000 THB coverage for outpatient treatment and no less than 400,000 THB for inpatient

I believe the example you were given by the IO was the top page of an International combination Health Insurance policy, which included both medical and Covid cover for a 1 year period.

2 paragraphs you quoted are for those entering by a cruise ship and yacht (right side of the infograph), you should look at the left side, it only says 400/40.

So... I went to Phuket I/O today to inquire again, this time I bring that official Immigration infographic (where it clearly states that ONLY 400/40k insurance is required)... This time they started scratching their heads, and officer again told me that they do need 'Covid' insurance, "again", he said... After few minutes of back & forth, he finally concluded that for STV visa extension they need "extension of the same Covid insurance", which is nonsense, because it was used for COE only... So I asked him what about this official infographic, what about this 400/40k insurance requirement - he had no idea, and then he said "well better get them both"... Again I showed him the infographic and I used the pen to show him Thai Immigration logo on it (so it's official), and also I used my pen to mark the 400/40k requirement only... Then I explained to him that "400/40k" and "Covid" insurances are DIFFERENT things (and totally different prices), he had no any clue about it at all... Then all of them started looking at that infographic (like they see it first time), and then FINALLY they passed it to the oldest officer in the room... who also had no clue which exactly insurance is needed for STV extension... so this guy called some "upper" guy (said it's "inspector"), and then FINALLY it was confirmed (by that "inspector" dude) that 'Covid' (usd100k) insurance is NOT needed,  and what is needed is 400/40k insurance ONLY... of course.

So tired...

This time they said TM30 is actually needed (2 days ago they said it wasn't)... and again they said that COE proof and booking/rental proof are not needed... anyway I'll tell my gf to prepare all those, because God knows what rules will be applied on the 3rd visit (in the same week) when we come to actually apply for her extension.

So she applied LMG 400/40k insurance ("Plan-1", 3900thb/year), hopefully it's done before visa expire May/3.

• Like 1

OK so just to conclude for those who are interested in extending STV in Phuket:

At the end they required only 400/40k insurance, and TM30 (no need ASQ proof, no need hotel/condo booking/rental), all  done in 10 minutes, in office 101 (we arrived 15min before closing time).

(400/40k cheapest insurance was LMG's "Plan-1" annual package for 3900thb)

Thank you for the information.

Would anyone know what happens if you can't provide a TM30 for STV extension?

I hear there's a 800 THB fine, but is this something that can be paid and fixed quickly at I/O?