Use The Return Ticket First

jcgodber

BKK to Lax is cheaper than-

Lax to BKK round trip flight

Question !

Could one purchase a round trip ticket BKK to LAX with an open departure and return.

THEN use the return ticket first to go to BKK ????

Just wondering! :o

Jim

BKK to Lax is cheaper than-

Lax to BKK round trip flight

Question !

Could one purchase a round trip ticket BKK to LAX with an open departure and return.

THEN use the return ticket first to go to BKK ????

Just wondering! :o

Jim

No you are not suppose todo that.

In the good old days of the paper tickets it was smewhat possible if the check-in staff was not too atentive

But if you travel frequently between LAX and BKK, you cna easily buy once a one way tieckt from LAX to BKK and then keep buying BKK-LAX-BKK tickets

This means also you will need some sort of visa to enter Thailand (or your return ticket already in your hand) and that the tickets you buy are flexible as far as changing dates is concerned (they are not the cheapest around)

It is not possible to use the return portion of a round-trip ticket before using the outbound (e-)coupons end of story.

I am surprised at your findings though. Can you share any of the details of the results of your pricing? It is of course impossible to price a BKK-LAX-BKK and a LAX-BKK-LAX for the same dates, assuming you were hoping to originate in BKK. Further you have currency exchange issues as both tickets would be SITI, sold and issued in either Thailand or the USA.

For me USA-BKK-USA ( for the same approximate dates and the same routing, carrier and class of service and fare bucket (Q, V, or W, excursion, low-cost fares) is at least 20% less than BKK-USA-BKK. I fly ~ 6 R/T's each year and am currently in the U.S.A. (east coast) on a BKK-USA-BKK ticket (last minute, bracketed by a USA-BKK-USA ticket).