Delayed Mail to Foreign Countries

Is it correct to assume that it is just international mail (outbound and inbound) is affected/delayed?

And that all intl mail will be processed as of 5 May?

And I assume a Thai PO will accept an intl item, with the understanding that it will be delayed?

I stopped by my PO today, and everything looked normal, and had access to my PO Box. I did see both the regular Thai post driver, and the EMS driver, making deliveries in my neighborhood today.

What kind of nonsense is that? The packages are leaving Thailand and the virus would be dead before even arriving abroad. Or due to cases of local employees? Give me a break, continue freaking working and stop this 0.25% virus show. More staff is likely to kill themselves due to debts than getting covid.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, cauldlad said:

I just received an airmail letter from the UK yesterday, so they are definitely accepting international mail. 

Looks like it took about 3 weeks but I do not know if that is a normal timeframe.

The order is dated yesterday, 27th.

• Haha 1

The official wording left something to be desired. The letter started off my advising Covid cases at Suvarnabhumi and the closure of exchanges. It then went on about no international post

This could be read and interpreted 2 ways

1) No international post accepted at Suvarnabhumi post office (if there is one)

2) No international post from anywhere in Thailand.

25 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

The official wording left something to be desired. The letter started off my advising Covid cases at Suvarnabhumi and the closure of exchanges. It then went on about no international post

This could be read and interpreted 2 ways

1) No international post accepted at Suvarnabhumi post office (if there is one)

2) No international post from anywhere in Thailand.

It doesn't say "Suvarnabhumi Post Office". It refers to the Office of Exchange, which processes all incoming and outgoing foreign mail. So it means no international post in or out of Thailand.