1 Year extension with Thailand Elite VISA ( Chonburi immigration )

Last time when I did it they did not ask for the rental contract. But this could have changed now. In any case I would suggest you get the invitation letter very well ahead of time - it took some time to receive it.

On 5/1/2021 at 3:41 PM, moogradod said:

Last time when I did it they did not ask for the rental contract. But this could have changed now. In any case I would suggest you get the invitation letter very well ahead of time - it took some time to receive it.

What you mean with  invitation letter ???

7 hours ago, Philipp001 said:

What you mean with  invitation letter ???

Before you extend the permission of stay for one more year at the immigration office Jomtien you should contact the CCC of Thai Elite very well beforehand and ask for a letter for a invitation, indicating to them on what day and time you would like to make the extension.

They will then contact the immigration office to make an appointment for you and send them the mentioned letter. You will get a copy of it with a confirmed date. They furthermore inform you what other papers you will have to bring by email. As it might take some time to produce the letter I just wanted to warn you not to wait until the last moment.

As far as I remember you can extend one month before the expiration of your current permission. So I would time it that you receive the letter from Thai Elite at the beginning of that period. Give them at least 2 weeks time or even more. They are very reliable and will not forget your request. When they extend at the immigration you will not lose some time since they do it starting from the expiration date of the old permission of stay and not from the date you applied for the extension. This was at least what happened when I did it some months ago. The process itself was extremely smooth then.

its never been asked for, a rental contract, but you can also go by yourself instead if making an appointment with the call center, the only time I am asked to make sn appointment is when i need the sevice of fixing a five year stamp to a passport, or last time a new passport, or if i wanted an assistant to meet to do the extension, if you want to do the extension by yourself, you can, that's my experience at CW bangkok

3 minutes ago, humbug said:

its never been asked for, a rental contract, but you can also go by yourself instead if making an appointment with the call center, the only time I am asked to make sn appointment is when i need the sevice of fixing a five year stamp to a passport, or last time a new passport, or if i wanted an assistant to meet to do the extension, if you want to do the extension by yourself, you can, that's my experience at CW bangkok

Of course you make the extension yourself. But this has nothing to do with the letter I mentioned. You are confusing the letter with the concierge service from Thai Elite - like it is suggested to affix a new visa.

• Like 1

I have found Thai Elite to always anwser fast so why not ask them. They are there to help you you paid for it so let them work. In BKK they make the appointment with you and do all the work

There is a new requirement, I also needed a special letter to be sent from Bangkok to Hua Hin immigration when I did my extension last November.

It's not a recent development but it is reasonably new - so it won't have been in place a year ago but rest assured the process has changed in some way.

Email Thailand Elite and tell them you want to do an extension and tell them the location of the immigration office - they will take it from there. It will be done by appointment but without any representative of Thailand Elite being present - it's not to be confused with the concierge service.

This is a new level of restriction which has been introduced.

When you arrive the appointment part goes out the window, you stand in line with the other people there and they process it as normal but I'm sure this letter is part of the process - you print it and take it with you.

Edited by ukrules
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2021 at 2:39 PM, moogradod said:

Of course you make the extension yourself. But this has nothing to do with the letter I mentioned. You are confusing the letter with the concierge service from Thai Elite - like it is suggested to affix a new visa.

no, i mean I went for an extension 2 months ago, no letter, no assistance, no phone call to request a letter for an appointment for an extension, just went to cw by myself

just to clarify regarding a letter for an extension, it isn't needed if based in bangkok and using cw, if i went to live in another province, then i would need one to for an extension, this is what they explained,. It seems if new it is for those extending away from cw

• Like 1