Extension of stay (Marriage)

techno

I have to renew my extension of stay (marriage) and was wondering if there have been any change to the documents required by Immigration since last year. Do they require 12 months bank statements and copies of the bank passbook stamped by the bank as they do with a retirement extension as well? Do l need and updated marriage certificate from Amphur as the one l have is 2 years old. Many thanks for any help you can provide

It depends on how you show your money.... If it's by monthly deposit you will need 12 months of statements + a letter from your bank showing the international deposits over that period....

Your marriage cert has a 2 year life span.....You will have to go to the Amphur to get a new one....

You need 2 pics = 1 of both of you in front of the house showing the address number plate + 1 inside the house of both of you....The bedroom pic is no longer needed....

Everything else stayed the same....

We just did ours in CM & had to get a new marriage cert....

We used the same check list as last year.....

Edited by pgrahmm
Spell ✔️ SUCKS
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Used the same Marriage Certificate for years.

Never a problem

Ours was 2 years old & we were required to get an updated one...

Not to be confused with the original, of which you get 2 copies , immigration keeps one....The other copy my wife keeps stashed away like is made of gold....

The copy we had to get looked more like a canned form....The only thing different was it's update date....

My wife didn't believe me that we needed to update - until told so by the official.....

Guessing it's their way to validate the status is current....

54 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Ours was 2 years old & we were required to get an updated one...

Not to be confused with the original, of which you get 2 copies , immigration keeps one....The other copy my wife keeps stashed away like is made of gold....

The copy we had to get looked more like a canned form....The only thing different was it's update date....

My wife didn't believe me that we needed to update - until told so by the official.....

Guessing it's their way to validate the status is current....

I find it strange they kept an original marriage cert, they will file that away never to be soon, along with all the thousands of copies of everything they get every week

13 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Reason number 1,758,942 to use an Agent I guess 555

I did the marriage visa extension for years myself before changing to retirement and never had an issue that couldn't be resolved within minutes by making a trip to obtain a copy of something. Save your money and do it yourself, agents are for the weak!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I did the marriage visa extension for years myself before changing to retirement and never had an issue that couldn't be resolved within minutes by making a trip to obtain a copy of something. Save your money and do it yourself, agents are for the weak!

That's very true and i agree with you but look at it from the other side. If it were not for some others using agents, young "limp wrist" in my local Immigration office would not be able to afford the repayments on his C class MB that he purchased last year , would ? ????

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

agents are for the weak!

Cow manure

For less than the cost of a bowl of noodles a day I do almost nothing.

Gives me time to come on TV read all the Oh Woe is Me posts re online reporting, what forms do I need, when are they open, how long is the wait !

Altho' those cash strapped will not have this point of view, or those who LIKE the MoanFest

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Of course.  You are weak if you ever rode a taxi or bus instead of walking, if you ever ate in a restaurant instead of cooking yourself, if you ever flew any class above the cheapest, if you ever stayed in a hotel instead of sleeping in the park.  Good thinking dingie.  In every situation save as much money as you can.  No ice cream or cookies.

Typical nonsense post as usual......  Keep up the great work, I enjoy the entertainment! Thanks Dainty.

On 5/1/2021 at 3:12 PM, techno said:

Do they require 12 months bank statements

On 5/1/2021 at 3:12 PM, techno said:

as they do with a retirement extension

Since when was that a requirement at C M immigration for extensions based on retirement?

If true, it just goes to reinforce my opinion that they are making it progressively more difficult to stay in the hope that either a/ farangs use agencies, or b/ farangs will give up and leave permanently.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, techno said:

Do they require 12 months bank statements and copies of the bank passbook stamped by the bank as they do with a retirement extension as well?

Never had to submit 12 months bank statements for a retirement extension. Been doing it for many years.

• Like 1