Cost of covid PCR test

thaisail

I was told that the PCR test cost no less than 4000 in Phuket. Is there a thread with the pricing at all the hospitals in Thailand for farangs wanting to board an international flight to leave Thailand?

On 5/3/2021 at 10:09 PM, Kiujunn said:

Medconsult, 2600. Google it.

Nobody has ever mentioned anything cheaper. 

We used this last Fri.  Test at 4:45 Thur.   Results emailed 1:20 mins late at 8:20 pm sat.   2600 baht.  They say tests  8-9 am will get results before 7 pm same day.   A bit stressful for my gal with a 23:55 flight sat.  

• Like 1

I went to Chiangmai Ram for a different problem and while there the wife was worried and asked for a covid19 test for me. I was on a gurney and after the covid test they parked me in a hallway full of people for a couple of hours while checking my temperature and blood pressure with no more protection than a mask. After being passed by dozens of people they said I had to be moved to a "special" covid room, while in this "special" room everyone that came in had to ware the full body covering gloves, booties, full head covering etc. After a couple more hours they said the test was negative so I went to pay the bill and leave. The bill was over 26,000 baht so I complained and they showed me the bill fee the "special" room it was almost 10,000 baht... I had to pay for this after they left me out in a public hallway for hours ?  I still don't know why,  stupidity,  do not understand covid protocol,  greed   I am guessing the latter..........  Is this why Chiang Mai is a red zone ?

By the way they didn't solve the problem I was there for in the first place ( gallstones ) but the next day I went a few blocks away to the university hospital and in a few hours they found and fixed the gallstones for less than 5,000 baht. You can guess what hospital I will NEVER go to again.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, redneck said:

I went to Chiangmai Ram for a different problem and while there the wife was worried and asked for a covid19 test for me. I was on a gurney and after the covid test they parked me in a hallway full of people for a couple of hours while checking my temperature and blood pressure with no more protection than a mask. After being passed by dozens of people they said I had to be moved to a "special" covid room, while in this "special" room everyone that came in had to ware the full body covering gloves, booties, full head covering etc. After a couple more hours they said the test was negative so I went to pay the bill and leave. The bill was over 26,000 baht so I complained and they showed me the bill fee the "special" room it was almost 10,000 baht... I had to pay for this after they left me out in a public hallway for hours ?  I still don't know why,  stupidity,  do not understand covid protocol,  greed   I am guessing the latter..........  Is this why Chiang Mai is a red zone ?

By the way they didn't solve the problem I was there for in the first place ( gallstones ) but the next day I went a few blocks away to the university hospital and in a few hours they found and fixed the gallstones for less than 5,000 baht. You can guess what hospital I will NEVER go to again.

That room is speciala source of special revenue. They just broke the disgustometer.