Recommendations Around On Nut/thonglor

BFD

I know that this should be in the Accommodation Finding Forum, but I saw a post a little ways down asking about a place near Silom and there were several very helpful replies. Hopefully lightning strikes twice.

I'm looking for a place within walking distance of either the On Nut station or the Thonglor station. I'm starting a new job in August, and it provides a free bus service from either of those stations. I'm going back to Canada for most of July, but I'd like to start renting about the 24th of July or so.

Does anyone know if I could pay my two-month deposit in June, but not have my renting 'activated' until i return in July?

I'd like to spend somewhere between 12-18k per month, with 20k being my absolute upper limit.

For requirements:

The single most important thing to me is that it's within walking distance of the skytrain. By walking distance, I mean like under 1km.

I'd also like at least a one-bedroom (I'm trying to avoid studios for the rest of my life). At least 50 square meters.

I'd like a balcony.

It has to be Internet-ready.

If you know of anything that fulfills all or most of these requirements, it would help me out a ton. If I end up renting the place you recommend, you'll be getting a big bottle of Sangsom, on me! Although I might ask to drink it with you...

Thanks kindly,

BFD!

just my experience for what its worth....

You can pay far far less then that in On Nut. On Nut is a bargain, in my opinion, because you get off the sky train to one side for tesco and the other has motorcycle taxi ready to drive you down the street for 5-10 baht. They run up and down all day and all night. If you commute and find a place right down the soi across from tesco anywhere all the way down you can hop on moto anytime. If you live further up from the station , during "rush hour" you compete with lots and lots of people for the same taxi. If you have a day to decide my advice is to get off at On Nut station on sky train and take a walk down the soi right across from Tesco. Lots and lots of service apartments. and you can see how easy it is to grab a moto as they will be running up and down from the station non stop. Nice markets at the BTS station there too.

I think On Nut is a real bargain if you can stay on that soi.

Im not sure I addressed your post exactly but you can go there and meet your requirements.

just my experience for what its worth....

You can pay far far less then that in On Nut. On Nut is a bargain, in my opinion, because you get off the sky train to one side for tesco and the other has motorcycle taxi ready to drive you down the street for 5-10 baht. They run up and down all day and all night. If you commute and find a place right down the soi across from tesco anywhere all the way down you can hop on moto anytime. If you live further up from the station , during "rush hour" you compete with lots and lots of people for the same taxi. If you have a day to decide my advice is to get off at On Nut station on sky train and take a walk down the soi right across from Tesco. Lots and lots of service apartments. and you can see how easy it is to grab a moto as they will be running up and down from the station non stop. Nice markets at the BTS station there too.

I think On Nut is a real bargain if you can stay on that soi.

Im not sure I addressed your post exactly but you can go there and meet your requirements.

Try looking up soi 81 (at the end of Onnut station across from Tesco).

I think that the deposit but not activating the rental MAY be problematic unless you find a place that has someone confirmed to be moving out when you need the place vacant!

There is a nice newer building next to Onnut Fresh Market that would be worth looking at too. Be aware that things out near Onnut are prtty torn up now (Skytrain extension out past onnut is the reason I think)

You can check Baan Salan Nuch on Sukhumvit Soi 75/1. They have 1 and 2 bedroom apartments that go for under 20K. All have balcony and broadband internet and building is 3 years old. I would think its about 300-400 meters from On Nut BTS.

I think finding a place that will allow a late July move in might be a problem unless building has a lot of vacancies.

There are a couple apartment buildings within walking distance on Sukhumvit Soi 50 you might check also.

Thanks Ballbreaker,

From what I can tell, this place seems pretty okay. I'm just a bit wary of the pre-paid internet card thing. Do you know if a dedicated internet line is possible?

Anyway, I've sent an email to the sales and rentals department, so I'll probably come down to see it this week.

Thanks for the suggestions; please keep them coming!

BFD!

Hahaha,

I just had my email to the sales department bounce back to me. The reason specified was that the user was 'over quota'. I can only hope this isn't a by-product of using pre-paid internet cards :o

BFD!

Thanks Ballbreaker,

From what I can tell, this place seems pretty okay. I'm just a bit wary of the pre-paid internet card thing. Do you know if a dedicated internet line is possible?

Anyway, I've sent an email to the sales and rentals department, so I'll probably come down to see it this week.

Thanks for the suggestions; please keep them coming!

BFD!

Dedicated internet line is possible but I don't remember what the conditions are for getting one. I think you had to put down a deposit of 6k baht, but not sure.

I've never had any problems with prepaid internet cards thus far and I use all the time.

Not sure why your email was bounced but don't think it was related to prepaid cards. Perhaps their mail box is fully because sales person is not doing job properly.

Blue Wana Place, soi 89

5-8 minute walk to bts on nut

14,500 for top floor one bedroom

+ 600 for adsl

ubc-lite (couple of movie channels, cnn, discovery)

big balcony

nice view

great place

never had any problem with management

I finally got down to Baan Sarach Nuch yesterday, but was unable to get in to see one of the apartments, since none are vacant (a good sign, really). There's supposed to be one vacated near the end of July, so I was wondering if any of the TVers here could give me a bit of a description of the apartments (ie. is your bedroom bigger than your living room, your balcony bigger than your bathroom, etc).

Any help would again be very appreciated.

Thanks,

BFD!

Just moved to On Nut soi 58, is a brand new 6 storey building. I am about 5 mins walk from On Nut station. A lot of apartments available. All come with free cable and free unlimited wireless internet. Staff are very friendly. I am in a 30 sq metre studio for 7,000 monthly. Think they have apartment with seperate bedroom but u will have to ask. Very reasonable prices for what u get. Worth a look, Baan 58, Sukhumvit soi 58. Pemika is the lady to ask for, her no. is 0818313438.

Just moved to On Nut soi 58, is a brand new 6 storey building. I am about 5 mins walk from On Nut station. A lot of apartments available. All come with free cable and free unlimited wireless internet. Staff are very friendly. I am in a 30 sq metre studio for 7,000 monthly. Think they have apartment with seperate bedroom but u will have to ask. Very reasonable prices for what u get. Worth a look, Baan 58, Sukhumvit soi 58. Pemika is the lady to ask for, her no. is 0818313438.

I'm getting a little confused here, are you talking about Sukhumvit Soi 58 or On Nut Soi 58?

I'm guessing Sukhumvit since On Nut Soi 58 is all the way up close to Sri Nakarin and quite a ways from On Nut BTS station.

Sophon

Well, I've just joined the ranks of TVers that live in baan Saran Nuch. I met with the manager yesterday and she showed me one of the one-bedroom apartments. I must say that I was quite impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff.

I take possession at the beginning of August, so I'll make sure I have some Sangsom ready for those of you that helped me out!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

BFD!

Well, I've just joined the ranks of TVers that live in baan Saran Nuch. I met with the manager yesterday and she showed me one of the one-bedroom apartments. I must say that I was quite impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff.

I take possession at the beginning of August, so I'll make sure I have some Sangsom ready for those of you that helped me out!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

BFD!

Welcome to the building. Perhaps the pool might be ready by that date.

Guys,

I've been reading all the posts about apartments in On Nut and they're some great advise out there. Has anyone got any advise on finding a townhouse in On Nut? I've got my heart set on a townhouse if possible....... Is is possible to find one within walking distance to the BTS? I've been told that the only way to find one is to walk around and look for posters in windows. Is this true?

I'd appreciate any feedback......

Thank you! :o

Edited by catrinwynne

Guys,

I've been reading all the posts about apartments in On Nut and they're some great advise out there. Has anyone got any advise on finding a townhouse in On Nut? I've got my heart set on a townhouse if possible....... Is is possible to find one within walking distance to the BTS? I've been told that the only way to find one is to walk around and look for posters in windows. Is this true?

I'd appreciate any feedback......

Thank you! :o

I think walking would be the best way also. You might get lucky and someone living in area has seen one for rent and post info.