National Lottery Uk Blocked?

lor

I posted about this once before and thought I'd fill you in on what has happened.

First I had huge problems getting the National Lottery UK page to display, each time it stopped on "Opening Page" Strangly I also had the same problem with Truevisions home page. My ISP is sivercyper with 125kbs TOT line. My first thought was browser problem, so installed Firefox but still had the same symptoms. Next spent ages checking the computer for trojans, DLL errors or anything that could cause that problem but found nothing. I then tried to access both those sites through a proxy server based in Canada. Both sites cam on instantly.

I also have another computer at my bar, this uses a TT&T line with maxnett ISP (1024kbs). I also had no problems making the connection from that computer. Tried again on the first computer and once again impossible to connect.

THE SOLUTION.

This solution not only allowed me to connect instantly from the 1st computer but also dramaticaly increased the download speeds.

I first installed Himachi (A free Secure VPN utility) on both computers and created a VPN between them. Then on the bar computer I installed FreeProxy and linked it to Himachi. Now back to the first computer and set IE up to use the bar computer as a proxy.

Instantly the pages came on and not only that but download speeds from Europe dramitacaly increased. I use a Slingbox in the UK and the streamed speeds to the 1st computer were only about 60 to 80kbs. At the bar I always obtained between 190 and 270kbs. Now the speed at the first computer was 1bout 120 to 150kbs. (Pretty good for a 125 connection!)

My only conclusion is that TOT block these sites but TT&T do not. Therefore using the TT&T box as a proxy cured the no connection problems.

Chris