Airasia

scotty123456789

As this would be a Domestic flight, a Thai national would need his/her ID card, but a foreigner would need his/her passport (which as we all know, they are supposed to be carring with them at all times anyways). :o

For an international flight, everyone needs a passport (obviously). Many countries have "No Fly" lists which have to be (are supposed to be) checked before letting passengers on a flight.

I'm not sure how extensive the checks are, but remember that if an airline flies a passenger to a destination (international) and the passenger is refused entry, the airline may be responsible for flying that person back (except Canada it seems. Many people board flights to Canada, and have to show their passports to get on the flight. Yet somehow, when they land and get to Immigration, they have no identification and claim refugee status. Rarely are they ever returned to where they came from).

I book most of my air travel online and have to enter my passport number all the time. When I go to check in, it is checked again. Often, before actually boarding the plane, it will be checked yet again. Welcome to the post 9/11 world. I don't mind it personally, as anything they do to help make air-travel safer is all right with me.

As this would be a Domestic flight, a Thai national would need his/her ID card, but a foreigner would need his/her passport (which as we all know, they are supposed to be carring with them at all times anyways). :o

I haven't used my passport once when flying domestically for a long time. When asked for ID, I merely show them my foreign driver's license and have never been questioned once to show my passport (which I do carry with me). This is on THAI, so don't know if Nok and AirAsia also allow this but would imagine they do.

I always enter my passport number when booking AirAsia flights, but for check-in and identification purposes on domestic flights always produce my Thai driver's license. Have never had a problem doing this.