Private hospitals (vs. Government facilities) for Foreigners who test positive for Covid

I am a foreigner in good health. I have good insurance. It covers Covid treatment, and stays in private hospitals.

However, I want to ensure - If I ever contract Covid - I will not be "forced" into a government facility

I worry that  - in a rush - an uninformed bureaucrat might insist I am required go to a state facility (football stadium) for treatment.

I want to ensure I go to a private hospital like Bumrungrad, who partners with Anantara Hotel for Covid positive patient stays.

Anyone know about this?

The issue will be bed availability, which in Bangkok especially is very scarce. Note that special rooms are required for COVID patients so it is nto the total bed capacity of the hospitals but their COVID bed capacity.

In Bangkok of late it has been very difficult to find beds for COVID patients and people have had to be sent out to provinces.

If there is a private hospital bed available you will nto have any trouble going, there is no policy that it has to be a state facility. But this is a big "If".

In Bangkok your chances of getting a hospital bed if asymptomatic are very low, no matter how well able to pay.  And if symptomatic, yo umay have to take what can be found.

I share your horror at the idea of being sent to one of the "Field hospitals", there  are also unknown number of "hospitels", hotels converted to this use. That is what to try to negotiate for if you are in that situation.

• Like 2