Address Letter Required for Drivers License Renewal

My Thai Drivers license (2yr) has expired and I need to re new ASAP.

This license I got in Samui  and I would like to do the same again.

Do I need to get another address confirmation letter from Samui Immigration for the license renewal?

39 minutes ago, beatlebones said:

Do I need to get another address confirmation letter from Samui Immigration for the license renewal?

Yes, you normally do.

Try to check the pinned thread about renewal of driver license, you might find answers there...

I believe for your first 5 year license you still have to get the medical certificate too.  After that though you no longer need the medical certificate but still need the residence certificate, either from immigration or your embassy.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies...

I went in to Samui Immigration yesterday....apparently I need to change my address to Samui address as my new visa points to a Nonthaburi address.

Fine I thought , Ive done this before at Immigration Offices (TM 28 and 30 forms etc) .

Samui Immigration told me I cannot do it there in person, need to do it online now ("or if that doesn't work call 1178") .

I queried that process with the Immigration Officer...she was adamant  that was the procedure.

I tried online..no luck. 

Tied the immigration hotline (1178) ...u guessed it ...no answer !

Recommendations ???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, beatlebones said:

Thanks for the replies...

I went in to Samui Immigration yesterday....apparently I need to change my address to Samui address as my new visa points to a Nonthaburi address.

Fine I thought , Ive done this before at Immigration Offices (TM 28 and 30 forms etc) .

Samui Immigration told me I cannot do it there in person, need to do it online now ("or if that doesn't work call 1178") .

I queried that process with the Immigration Officer...she was adamant  that was the procedure.

I tried online..no luck. 

Tied the immigration hotline (1178) ...u guessed it ...no answer !

Recommendations ???

We had a similar problem with TM 30 on line reporting. Not the same as you but it describes the way that the IO people think.

We enter guests on the Samui TM 30 system (Hotel system) but then, we cannot see them when we go to print them out. So for the print out, we enter them again on the Surat TM 30 system.

Guest goes to IO for his 90 days report and they say - must print out using Samui Hotel system.

Cannot  - we say.

You are doing it wrong. Go back and do it properly.

We argue for half a day or so. To and fro to our office doing screen prints to show that we are doing everything correctly. (We had also written a manual TM 30 report, but they would not accept that. 'Must use the Hotel system'.)

Eventually, the IO girl puts us on the phone to her boss (room 5).

We give him our user id and p/w to their system and he enters the guest's details himself.

Goes to the enquiry screen - 'I cannot see anything' is his cry! Eureka. He sees the light and an IO system that is not working.

That all took one and a half days for the guest to get his 90 report ok'ed.

We still use the Surat system for the print outs for guests, and if the IO person complains, we politely suggest that they see the 'boss' in room 5.

Recommendations ???

Galaxy quest - Never give up, never surrender.

Sorry - it is a long hard slog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

We enter guests on the Samui TM 30 system (Hotel system) but then, we cannot see them when we go to print them out. So for the print out, we enter them again on the Surat TM 30 system.

Guest goes to IO for his 90 days report and they say - must print out using Samui Hotel system.

Cannot  - we say.

You are doing it wrong. Go back and do it properly.

In the Surat Thani TM30 – which I use as owner of a private house, but I still need to report both myself and foreign friends visiting me – you receipt is a downloaded .xls-file that can be printed; however, Thai letter might show weird if Thai font is not installed.

What is your receipt in Sumui hotel system?

Banglamung DLT still not allowing foreigners to renew 5 yr licences till July as not running the training video. Has anyone viewed the training video at a driving school and had DLT accept that and issued a 5yr extension?

Edited by chilly07

2 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Banglamung DLT still not allowing foreigners to renew 5 yr licences till July as not running the training video. Has anyone viewed the training video at a driving school and had DLT accept that and issued a 5yr extension?

Samui ran it when I did my extention, then they did the usual peripheral, and brake tests. 

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

In the Surat Thani TM30 – which I use as owner of a private house, but I still need to report both myself and foreign friends visiting me – you receipt is a downloaded .xls-file that can be printed; however, Thai letter might show weird if Thai font is not installed.

What is your receipt in Sumui hotel system?

Just the print out.

No receipt.

That is why we then use the Surat system - for the spreadsheet.

But Samui keep telling us - Use the Hotel System

The Hotel system has 2 sections.

1 Enter

2 Search.

We enter the details, save them but when we search so that we can print out - no records.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Just the print out.

No receipt.

That is why we then use the Surat system - for the spreadsheet.

But Samui keep telling us - Use the Hotel System

The Hotel system has 2 sections.

1 Enter

2 Search.

We enter the details, save them but when we search so that we can print out - no records.

Sems like dat ends up in a black cyber-hole...????

Can't you take a screen print of the "Enter"-section and save as PDF for print?

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Sems like dat ends up in a black cyber-hole...????

Can't you take a screen print of the "Enter"-section and save as PDF for print?

We do that but it is not saved at that stage.

We gave immigration the enter screen print, the Surat 'saved' Excel print and a manual form.

They said - "go back and use the Hotel system".

AS you say - all records disappear into a black hole.. At least immigration have admitted that there is a problem with the system now

• Like 1