aircon working but needs 24 hours to reach 26 degres. Just cleaned and gas checked. What is the problem of not cooling enough air conditioning ?

sncoem

2 hours ago, sncoem said:

sorry but irrelevant as already explained, it was cooling a lot faster before and nothing changed in this room.

The outside temperature and the sun can change. Aircons have a harder time in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sncoem said:

Please people, I have explained that this aircon cool the room, just slower than before, so of course it blows cool air.

and I repeat that it is clean. I just want to find what could be the cause for not cooling as fast as before.

And I repeat before someone tells to clean it, blablabla... it is perfectly clean already ! thanks again.

its not working as good as it should, you really need to chill out

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The only thing I can think of is the OP was conned on a refrigerant refill, they said they topped it up and didn't".

He says that it's still blowing cold air, so, so much for that disparaging theory.   

It still could have been over charged which does cause a drop in cooling efficiency & possibly a failure if too much.....

• Haha 1

You did not really say whether the technician did any sort of troubleshooting or not.  You also didn't really say how old your AC is. 

I mean, it could be that your AC has just reached its' useful service life, but if the compressor is not making funny noises, it's more likely a minor electrical component that has failed.

I had the same issue as you described.  My unit was very dirty and low on freon, so the technician took care of that but the AC was only marginally better, so he started troubleshooting electrical components with his meter.

He found one that was not up to specs, so he replaced it and , voila, the AC started performing just fine! 

I think he said it was a condenser but not exactly sure.  Whatever it was, it was cheap to replace and he was able to go to a shop and buy one and then install it in less than a half-hour (like about 500 baht for the part).

So, if your AC guy did not test out the unit after cleaning and freon top-off, and just left, that was pretty unprofessional, and I'd suggest finding a more competent technician to troubleshoot it.

Hope this helps you ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

@sncoem Was it actually working reasonably well before being "serviced"?

There are a whole bunch of scenarios from earlier posters which could be relevant (did they even use the correct refrigerant!).

Either way, there's not actually a lot you can do if we identify an expansion valve fault.

it was working not as good as after cleaning, maybe 48 hours to reach 26....

now 24 hours only !

I cleaned it one more time because it is not possible to fix it if it's not cleaned: the genius who called themselves engineers in this country are so sure that dirt is the only cause of the problem, that there is no way to discuss.

As I said, no new refrigerant has been used, so there is not even one option explained until now that can be helptful.

What about expansion or thermostat ? I am not a local genius but even without knowing anything it seems that the only 2 possible options are the valve and the thermostat. Why people cannot think about it ?

3 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Sounds like the compressor to me. 

Just call a service shop and have them come out. ACs are pretty basic machines; troubleshooting isn't a big deal. 

It seems that you have never seen 4 DAIKIN technicians from the main daikin center in BKK not being able to locate a problem after 3 full days...

sorry but it's so funny how foreigners understand life and people here !

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The only thing I can think of is the OP was conned on a refrigerant refill, they said they topped it up and didn't".

He says that it's still blowing cold air, so, so much for that disparaging theory.   

Having too much or too little refrigerant would result in the unit functioning less efficiently, which is what the OP is describing. Perhaps you missed that point in your haste to attack me for posting one possible hypothesis of cause.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sncoem said:

as i said nothing changed, no it's wrong.

another ac guy ? you want that I count how many idiots recommended by experts here and on FB I used over the years ?!

No offence intended but I think you've received some pretty good advice from several posters (including from me) that a well trained AC technician is what you really need.  Obviously the guy you used overlooked something. 

Anyone here on the forum could make blind guesses whether your problem is a valve or thermostat, or whatever, but only a well trained technician can ACTUALLY diagnose YOUR particular issue.  So, go find one and your problem is solved.

With all due respect, contrary to what you seem to believe, there are many competent AC technicians in Thailand.  A very easy way to find one is simply through Google Maps which provides excellent user feedback for services like that in your particular area.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1