1 Year Work Visa Change To Marriage Visa

I will retire from work at the end of this year. I have a work permit and a visa until the end of December 2007. If I apply for a marriage visa, do I have to leave the country or can I get the marriage visa locally without leaving the country.

Does anybody knows or has experienced this?

Are you on a one year extension of stay for employment or just on a 90 day entry (make 90 day border runs)? And are you planning to extend your stay on the basis of 40k monthly family income or on the basis of retirement or just looking for a multi entry non immigrant O visa? If just looking for the multi entry visa Singapore is the best place to obtain and a bank account with 400k or more should, along with marriage certificate and fees should be enough to obtain one.

Are you on a one year extension of stay for employment or just on a 90 day entry (make 90 day border runs)? And are you planning to extend your stay on the basis of 40k monthly family income or on the basis of retirement or just looking for a multi entry non immigrant O visa? If just looking for the multi entry visa Singapore is the best place to obtain and a bank account with 400k or more should, along with marriage certificate and fees should be enough to obtain one.

Thanks for the advice.I am on a one year extension and one year work permit. I am not looking for a multiple entry visa, only the marriage visa with the required 400K in my bank account. Is there a need or a must to leave the country or can I apply locally?

Do not believe you have a marriage option at 400k. That ended last year. Your options are marriage at 40k monthly family income or retirement (if over 50) at 65k monthly income/800k bank deposit or combination. If you have child and over 50 there is another option.

If you can qualify believe immigration would be able to change your status without a new visa/exit but you should definitely talk with them well in advance so that you have time to make your plans.

Do not believe you have a marriage option at 400k. That ended last year. Your options are marriage at 40k monthly family income or retirement (if over 50) at 65k monthly income/800k bank deposit or combination. If you have child and over 50 there is another option.

If you can qualify believe immigration would be able to change your status without a new visa/exit but you should definitely talk with them well in advance so that you have time to make your plans.

Thanks for that information