Sriracha Tiger Zoo puts its 11 elephants up for sale

Jonathan Fairfield

CFCE3211-DFEF-42DF-9AC7-0F94817CDFB1.jpeg

Thailand’s famous Tiger Zoo, in Sriracha district of the eastern province of Chon Buri, is offering its 11 elephants for sale, after the zoo closed on April 30th due to financial issues caused by theCOVID-19 pandemic.

According to the zoo’s website, it is offering all 11 elephants,together with their caretakers, to anyone who is interested, saying that it is necessary to part with them, no matter how loved they are.

The zoo is asking for three million baht for each pachyderm, but says that the price is negotiable for the purchase of the whole herd, said a zoo official, adding that there has not yet been a single response.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sriracha-tiger-zoo-puts-its-11-elephants-up-for-sale/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

3Mbht seems a little excessive for something they can no longer afford to feed.

You know how it goes.....they never want to take a loss on anything. Pity, a new truck comes first so no pet elephant for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

Interesting, how much backyard would I need to house one ?

Don't worry, they define their own boundaries. I could never keep them on a short chain as one sees here all the time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Don't worry, they define their own boundaries. I could never keep them on a short chain as one sees here all the time.

I have fairly high fences surrounding my house, doubt they  could climb over.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The zoo is asking for three million baht for each pachyderm, but says that the price is negotiable for the purchase of the whole herd, said a zoo official, adding that there has not yet been a single response.

I wonder why.... maybe they don't come with a green book?

• Haha 1

Apparently they eat 150 ++ kilograms of vegetation per day  that's a lot of food   on top of the 3 million baht and the Mahoot to feed too bit of a "white elephant"  no wonder there have been no takers.

15 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Give them to the military.

Better idea would be to ask people to donate for the care.  Who is going to have anywhere to put an elephant or the money?

They'd be more use and cheaper than the subs, the GT-200 bomb scanners and the blimp, that's for sure. 

• Haha 1