Hi, does anyone have an idea what sort of visas will be on offer supposing the quarantine Rules slacken or change ?  I’m in no rush obviously due to the new outbreak . I will be wanting to stay at least three months. I realize border hops won’t be allowed this year. I am not looking for a retirement visa, I’m British living in France,( 68yrs/vaccinated)  where the Consulate in Paris couldn’t be more unhelpful. Thanks. 

You could get a tourist visa that allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Are you a legal resident of France that you supply proof of. If not you will not be apply at the Thai embassy in Paris.

You will have to apply for the visa online. http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/e-visa/

Info here: http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/les-types-de-visa-et-les-documents-necessaires/visa-touristique/

• Like 2

Ubonjoe, yes I’m a legal resident. I’ll try next time. Before I used to come in  on a 30 day stamp, extend it , and then if needed pop over to Cambodia or Vietnam, and mostly Myanmar. I did it this way as the Paris consul insisted on your picking up the visa and I live 900 km away Cannes. Probably rules have changed there due to Covid so I’ll find out. Thank you.

ubonjoe, just read through the documents for a tourist visa and it still mentions the 14 day quarantine, etc. Also, you have to go there physically to get the stamp in your passport ! 
incredible, having to go to Paris . I’ll have to wait till new rules come through, that’s ok, but im sure I’ll still have to take flights there and back with probably a hotel overnight. 1800 Kim’s to get an Evisa. Maybe I’ll look through visa agents.

E-Visa - สถาาชทูต ณ กรุเอกอัปารีส (thaiembassy.fr)

8. After the electronic visa is put in place, why is it always necessary to present the passport and collect it at the Embassy? Can I also get the visa online? It would help me a lot because I live quite far from Paris...

We agree that the full benefit of the electronic visa will be collected once we can also issue the visa online. However, due to technical and legal problems, it is always necessary to put the visa sticker on your passport, in order to prove that you have received a Thai visa.

(Other note: most countries using an electronic visa, including France, also require the presentation of a passport at the Embassy/Consulate)

Whilst absolutely correct the Embassy require the Passport to insert the Visa, in the UK once the E-Visa online application has been approved, they allow the Passport and supporting documents to be posted to the Embassy for the Visa, then returned by post.

• Like 1