Amazing Thailand: Wiggly road in Isaan amuses netizens

webfact

Nothing new about wriggly bits in the road down under in Aus. 

They put them everywhere only both sides are wriggly AND they put a whopping great lump of concrete in the middle with some 4mm chain mesh fence around the sides and call them " Refuge Islands".........no idea what they are supposed to do.

Biggest piece of krap anyone ever invented.

Outright traffic hazard.

8 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

The kink is there to accommodate the water pipe (looks like the one they have here to fill the water trucks for the fire department), and at least they have finished the job! When I got here 8 years ago they were working on the road here.... and they are still working! I can only guess it's a never ending string of brown envelopes that keeps the work going...

That's what I thought at first glance.  But it looks more like they didn't want to take out the existing driveway or whatever it is there.  Even the gutter stops and starts around it.  Maybe Nai oak or phu yai bahn home.

4 hours ago, OttoPollmann said:

So, this was a good decision not to straighten the short cut for drunken Somchai. Otherwise he would hit the temple with full speed in his Fortuner. 

He will still hit the temple, as he will take no notice of the curve, and may be airlifted while going at speed over the soft part

On 6/1/2021 at 4:28 PM, bluejets said:

Nothing new about wriggly bits in the road down under in Aus. 

They put them everywhere only both sides are wriggly AND they put a whopping great lump of concrete in the middle with some 4mm chain mesh fence around the sides and call them " Refuge Islands".........no idea what they are supposed to do.

Biggest piece of krap anyone ever invented.

Outright traffic hazard.

Rubbish

• Haha 1