Overstay situation

Travelling from Chaiyaphum to Pattaya on daily time for sort out my overstay, it's possible or there will be the risk to be caught during the trip? Will change the bus in Phimai and after will travel on the so called " mountains road " the ones that pass through Khao Yai, Kabinburi. Thank you.

There is very little risk of being caught. Police at checkpoints are not all that familiar with immigrations rules.

Why are you going to Pattaya to sort it out? There is a immigration office in Chaiyaphum.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

There is very little risk of being caught. Police at checkpoints are not all that familiar with immigrations rules.

Why are you going to Pattaya to sort it out? There is a immigration office in Chaiyaphum.

I have to collect some evidence there in Pattaya and signs some papers.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Once an overstay situation has occurred, what "sorting out" is applicable? Isn't it simply a case of turning oneself in to avoid the greater expense and pain of getting caught?

8 minutes ago, aboctok said:

Once an overstay situation has occurred, what "sorting out" is applicable? Isn't it simply a case of turning oneself in to avoid the greater expense and pain of getting caught?

It depends upon the situation that caused a person to go on a overstay. It might be simple as applying for a extension of stay after the overstay fine is paid.

In many cases it is leaving the country to pay the fine before departure.

Flying domestic from Khon Kaen or Korat would be a safer bet.

I am living in Na Di close to the south-end of that road.

There are more than often police and army roadblocks, on both sides, near Verona resort at Tub Lan.

They are either looking for drugs coming from north or illegal migrants coming from east but always scrutinize every documents.

6 minutes ago, lazygourmet said:

Flying domestic from Khon Kaen or Korat would be a safer bet.

I don't think they have flights to Pattaya (Utapao). He would still need to get to Pattaya from Bangkok.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think they have flights to Pattaya (Utapao). He would still need to get to Pattaya from Bangkok.

Agreed... But if OP main worry is not being catch while on overstay I would definitely not recommend his planned itinerary.

• Like 1

How long is your overstay? When i last leave from Thailand i had 7 days overstay. Only pay 3500 bth in airports immigration and there was many people in same situation. I travel whit buss from Loei to BKK and from buss station taxi to Suvarnabhumi. Not good if get many overstay stamp in your passport! That was my first overstay ever. Because covid they seems to be really sympathetic. But have to have money to deal that.